Used 2004 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 GMC Canyon Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

I got the lemon
By jcanyon

2004 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Initially, I loved this thing! Over some time, I realized that many small things would add up to make me hate it! The plastic molding is of poor quality, the rear seat cup holder has broken 3 times. Brake light recall sent me to the shop twice. Front turn signal wiring harness only works when bumped in just the right way. Gauges poorly located behind steering wheel. Musty air conditioner. Rear cloth seats that no one sits in have torn in the seams. Rear seats squeak constantly. Rear seats very uncomfortable when used. Computer acts up intermitently - alarm sounds when truck unlocks! Worst is that it is the same exact truck as the Isuzu I-370! Is it a GM or Isuzu?

Like the 4 door / short bed. Very versatile truck.

Maintain overall GMC quality that I have come to expect with excellent success with all my past GMCs.

Great Truck
By Jeff

2004 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '04 Canyon used with 10k miles and now I have over 40k. It has great fuel economy and power. The only problem I've had is the passenger side heated seat was not working. But it's all fixed now and I couldn't have asked for a better truck!

OnStar, XM radio, and the leather heated seats.

04 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4wd
By dwnszer

2004 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty much what I expected. Had only one problem. Front end was aligned wrong which caused premature wear of the front tires at 17500 miles. Dealer replaced tires and realligned quickly. I have the crew cab with four wheel drive. Works good in our snow filled winters. Rides very smoothly gas mileage not as good as I had hoped.

GMC Canyon review
By wvu_matt

2004 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Handling is tight and responsive. I was hesitant with the 15" wheels. I have towed cargo trailers with no problem or lack of power. The 5 cyl is great on gas without losing much power. Only problem was the valve springs. These were replaced around 10k miles. Evidently there was a service bulletin but no official recall. If you lose power at highway speeds--have them check valve springs (I think they fixed that on the newer models). Overall, I would buy it again. Great looking (I have black on black offroad package) and plenty of interior room with crew-cab.

Exterior looks, deep bed area, power vs. mileage

Folding rear seats need work to improve cargo area, need more wheel options,

Excellent Pick!
By prpljett

2004 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I shopped around through many dealerships and test drove all the pickups available and this one suited my needs. I got a good deal and I'm extremely happy with my purchase. This is a gorgeous truck!

I like things simple and easy to use, so the interior controls are perfect.

I don't like the lumbar support in the seat. It is too high for me. Since I'm short, it makes it a little uncomfortable for me to sit properly. Adjustable padded head rests would be nice.