2017 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Leasing 2017 Acadia Denali AWD
By Pete Romano

2017 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Leasing a 2017 GMC Acadia Denali. Have had it for a month, and for me, l love the new size (Similar footprint to a Pilot, Highlander). GM really has infoitainment down. It is dead simple to use, the combination of touch screen and hard buttons is intuitive, and terrific to use. Also has both Apple Car Play and Android Auto. The safety features all work as promised. I looked at most of the competition (Pilot, Highlander, Explorer, XC90, MDX, Pathfinder), and the combination of near luxury feel, great in car technology and the new styling just for me put it ahead of the competition. I really liked the XC90, but was hesistant to get into a first year Volvo model, and the large touch screen I thought was not as intuitive as advertised. This is my first American car in 30+ years (Coming out of an 08 MDX), and have to say the Acadia Denali is a great alternative to the mass Asian/Koreans, and the near lux competitors. If you still need the larger size, GMC is selling the previous body style as the Acadia Limited, and you can still opt for the Traverse/Enclave. Areas of improvement would be more exterior colors, and the use of real wood versus the fake veneers. I also would have preferred more interior leather colors, but I guess GM needs to maintain separation between GMC and Cadillac.

Nothing to jump up and down over
By Miller

2017 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my leased 2017 Acadia for a few months, coming off of a 15 year old vehicle. Build quality is not what I would expect from a 2017 model year. Hood/grille is slightly off-center, gaps between the grille and headlights, trim pieces don't fit flush, rear seats are uneven, and when the seats are folded flat in back, there are a lot of weird humps and bumps in the fabric. These are all kind of nitpicky, but these types of issues should have all gone out in the 90s. Driving the Acadia is a pleasure, it is very comfortable on the highway or in town. It does not feel like a full size SUV at all, much more svelte. All in all, if you can get an SLT-1 for about $35,000, I feel like it would be a good deal, but for something north of $40,000, I'd look elsewhere. It feels like GMC spent way too much money on electronics and flashing lights in the cabin, and not enough money on the mechanical quality of the vehicle.

Excellent value for the money
By Mike C

2017 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at several vehicles before settling on the 2017 GMC Arcadia. I'm a very flashy guy and have been driving the 2013 Cadillac XTS. However after having two small kids and needing the hall things from time to time it was time to grow up and get something more family from friendly. however after having two small kids and needing the haul things from time to time it was time to grow up and get something more family friendly. I looked at for something stylish and full of tech features. And I found that and the Arcadia is not too big not too small it seems to be just right. I got the Captain chairs in the back my only complaint would be that my two year old can fiddle with the rear heat and air conditioner controls in the back. It seems like everything is too easily in his reach. But that's the nature of having the two year old. But for the money and my budget this truck does his purpose is not a MDX or Cadillac XT5 but is well worth the money.