Acadia, Durango, or just go with the Sienna?
By meandmy3boyd on
2014 GMC Acadia SLE-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
With our 3rd boy on the way we had to move on from our 2 row Endeavor. Having studied Consumer Reports extensively and done some somewhat recreational test drives of numerous other vehicles I narrowed our search to the Durango, Acadia, and Sienna. Our priorities that ruled out others such as the Highlander, CX-9, and Explorer were: we had to have captain chairs in the back, good reliability, regular fuel, enough space in the back for kid stuff, MPG better than 18, power lift gate, black/dark intirrior, and good safety features.
Favorite Features
Honestly we ended up choosing the Acadia because GMC gave us the best deal (lease). I had succumb to getting a mini van thinking it would be cheaper but... I was pleasently suprized. I even found the the 2 wheel drive acadia was the cheapest to insure as well. Big factors uniquelly in favor of the acadia: able to fit 3 people on the back seat, front wheel drive (safety), features (power lift gate, heated seats, back up camera, on star, remorte start) all for 31grand. Style may have had something to do with it... It is a good look'n car. Since we have had it I love how quiet it is, it drives very well for its size, and the infotainment system is good.
Suggested Improvements
My issues with the car have to do with the things we did not get becasue we didn't get the SLT so take this for what it's worth. For example the stock sterio is pathetic, the missing crome accents in the front along with the plastic rear view mirriors, and the less cool 18' rims really urk me but... it's not an SLT. Two real complaints: after having the car for 3weeks the transmission went out.. yep, wouldn't shift into drive... this comes later in the review because GMC could not have taken care of us better. I did research and found nothing on the web about this... so... crap happens and things worked out great (we are 3months in now). Lastly, the seats could be more comfortable.