2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: Great vehicle with a few minor

2014 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Great vehicle with a few minor shortcomings
By kentbob on

2014 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall a very nice vehicle which meets my needs. Great interior space, and comfortable ride. I prefer a truck-based 4-wheel drive SUV, but couldn't find one that provided as much versatility and space in the mid-sized category, so I opted for the Acadia.

Smooth ride. Loaded with features. Love the heads-up display, the radio and navigation system, steering wheel controls, blue tooth, voice commands for radio tuning. Seats are comfortable and have heated and cooling features. Options are too many too list.

Not happy with fuel efficiency. I'm getting 16-17 mpg with mixed city/highway driving. Was hoping/expecting to get closer to 19-20 mpg. Headlights have auto-on feature, but cannot confirm that headlights are actually on, especially at dusk or during rainy conditions during the daylight, as I have not found any indicator light on the dashboard. Second row captains chairs are nice, but they sit a little low (not a problem for kids, but low for adults) and they hardly recline at all. Would be nice if the second row seats reclined .