2014 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
Nice but buggy
By soutex on 07/29/14 07:55 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First off I like everything about this car. Ok, well not everything. I have owned it for 10 days and on day 3 it was back to the dealer to get a massive oil leak fixed. Cheap Chinese oil filter housing cracked and allowed oil to leak past the filter seal. The remote start works maybe 50% of the time. The gas gauge wanders from 1/8 tank to just under 1/2 full which causes the distance to empty to wander from 50 to 120 miles. The driver's seat moves back for easy exit even though I turned that feature off. Now, my main gripe is I am only getting 13.8 mpg in town. I have been driving this car like an old lady and I can not improve on that number after two tanks of gas.

Nicest Car I've Ever Had!
By tjdr47 on 07/05/14 14:18 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my 2014 Acadia Denali a little over a month ago and have put approximately 800 miles on it so far. It is the quietest car I've ever driven as well as the most comfortable and luxurious. It has some great safety features that most newer cars have available now like blind spot monitoring and a back-up camera. My last car was eight years old, so this is all new to me. When it was less than a week old, I took a 280-mile round-trip and got about 22 mpg on regular gas. My last SUV barely squeezed-out 16 on premium fuel on a trip.

Pleasure Ride
By drivetrain1 on 06/10/14 14:35 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Only have had my new Acadia for less than a month but have thoroughly enjoyed the ride! Smooth ride but wish it would come in rear wheel drive instead of front wheel drive. The jury is still out on the mileage however I only have less that 1,000 miles on it but for city driving I am averaging about 16-17 mpg. Exterior design is better than the ugly Terrain. Why can't whitewall tires be an option? It really adds some style. Black wall tires tend to make vehicle look bland and cheap. The same is true about pin striping. I added pin striping and WOW what a difference. I remember when cars came with pin striping and whitewalls.

Great vehicle with a few minor shortcomings
By kentbob on 05/05/14 06:56 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall a very nice vehicle which meets my needs. Great interior space, and comfortable ride. I prefer a truck-based 4-wheel drive SUV, but couldn't find one that provided as much versatility and space in the mid-sized category, so I opted for the Acadia.

Good for what it is....
By coty75 on 03/10/14 14:12 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First, good luck at actually finding anything but a base SLE1 model if you actually need an 8 passenger AWD vehicle. The dealer searched and there were no SLE2, SLT's, or Denali AWD 8 passengers (or Buick Enclave's) within 500 miles on dealer lots and nothing in the production queue without having to wait for a special order (at much less of a discount). But after driving a 7 passenger Denali, we are glad we just took a base SLE as there really isn't that much to justify the 14k difference in price and huge difference in residual value. The problem is with the premium trims like Denali, there's really not that much 'Luxury' to justify the price difference.

Acadia, Durango, or just go with the Sienna?
By meandmy3boyd on 01/29/14 21:16 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With our 3rd boy on the way we had to move on from our 2 row Endeavor. Having studied Consumer Reports extensively and done some somewhat recreational test drives of numerous other vehicles I narrowed our search to the Durango, Acadia, and Sienna. Our priorities that ruled out others such as the Highlander, CX-9, and Explorer were: we had to have captain chairs in the back, good reliability, regular fuel, enough space in the back for kid stuff, MPG better than 18, power lift gate, black/dark intirrior, and good safety features.

2014 GMC Denali
By mf89117 on 01/28/14 22:48 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased in November 2014 and added a few extras. So far I am very happy with the vehicle with a few minor exceptions listed below.

Disappointing Purchase!
By daisymae142 on 01/18/14 17:23 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2007 GMC Envoy for a 2014 Acadia. I am disappointed that the vehicle does not drive nearly as well as the Envoy.It is jerky in response. Also, there is no memory seat function for the power seats, which, in my case, is a major aggravation since more than one person drives my car. And, there is no light in the glove box. You would think that a car that cost this much would have these features. I think I want my Envoy back!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 GMC Acadia Suv in VA is:

$155 per month*