2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Dealer has had our car longer than we have
By mmww328

2014 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our car and we decided to take ownership even though the ground effects were installed wrong and the blind spot and FCA system were not working. Big mistake - the car is still not working right. Also I would have expected a bit more giddy up and go.... it's kind of a dog when it comes to off the line performance.

Looks tough - comfortable ride (once you get going).

GMC needs to step up there features and standard offerings. Foreign cars offer many more options than the Denali version does. Also the touch screen is hard to use and too sensitive. Finally a little pride in craftsmanship would be nice. Things were not installed right on our car (i.e., rubber trim on the luggage rack not secured down, the hose for the sunroof leaks into the passenger side of the car, the ground effects were installed wrong).

Nice but buggy
By soutex

2014 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First off I like everything about this car. Ok, well not everything. I have owned it for 10 days and on day 3 it was back to the dealer to get a massive oil leak fixed. Cheap Chinese oil filter housing cracked and allowed oil to leak past the filter seal. The remote start works maybe 50% of the time. The gas gauge wanders from 1/8 tank to just under 1/2 full which causes the distance to empty to wander from 50 to 120 miles. The driver's seat moves back for easy exit even though I turned that feature off. Now, my main gripe is I am only getting 13.8 mpg in town. I have been driving this car like an old lady and I can not improve on that number after two tanks of gas.

Air conditioned seats, power lift rear hatch, Intellilink stereo, lane change warning system and cargo capacity.

Smooth out the clunky transmission. For a luxury SUV the transmission is an embarrassment. During a 90 degree turn my wife thought the transmission failed when it shifted with a "thud." Add sun glass holder in the over head console. Add tritium paint to the garage door opener buttons so they can be seen in the dark. Make mud flaps standard equipment. The body behind the front wheels curves enough to expose a lot of tire tread which throws tar/highway goo up the side of the car.

Nicest Car I've Ever Had!
By tjdr47

2014 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my 2014 Acadia Denali a little over a month ago and have put approximately 800 miles on it so far. It is the quietest car I've ever driven as well as the most comfortable and luxurious. It has some great safety features that most newer cars have available now like blind spot monitoring and a back-up camera. My last car was eight years old, so this is all new to me. When it was less than a week old, I took a 280-mile round-trip and got about 22 mpg on regular gas. My last SUV barely squeezed-out 16 on premium fuel on a trip.

Quietness, ride, comfort, safety and technology features.

None that I can think of so far.

Pleasure Ride
By drivetrain1

2014 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Only have had my new Acadia for less than a month but have thoroughly enjoyed the ride! Smooth ride but wish it would come in rear wheel drive instead of front wheel drive. The jury is still out on the mileage however I only have less that 1,000 miles on it but for city driving I am averaging about 16-17 mpg. Exterior design is better than the ugly Terrain. Why can't whitewall tires be an option? It really adds some style. Black wall tires tend to make vehicle look bland and cheap. The same is true about pin striping. I added pin striping and WOW what a difference. I remember when cars came with pin striping and whitewalls.

Great interior design. GM finally designed the dash/air outlets like they should be-large vents that are pointed straight out instead of every other direction. Luv the auto climate control. Driver's side gets plenty of air flow-unlike that of my previous 2012 Chevy Equinox where the steering wheel blocked the air flow. Handsome instrumentation/dash cluster and is very classy at night when it is lighted up with the ambient lighting. My Acadia is the SLT2 and has second-row captains chair which makes it very easy to access the third row. HUGE CARGO AREA when seats are folded down. The remote rear cargo hatch has come in useful many times already. The dual sun/moon roof design is good.

Rear a/c seems to take a bit longer to cool. Took it in for service & was working to specs. Was told the heat exchanger for the rear a/c is a bit smaller than the front however with the air from front outlets helps with overall cooling down of cabin. Texas heat can be fierce! Second row seating a bit low but comfy. Put gear shift back on the column!! Too much storage space wasted from middle console. Don't know why all the auto makers are doing this! My knuckles tend to knock my drink on console when I shift.

Great vehicle with a few minor shortcomings
By kentbob

2014 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall a very nice vehicle which meets my needs. Great interior space, and comfortable ride. I prefer a truck-based 4-wheel drive SUV, but couldn't find one that provided as much versatility and space in the mid-sized category, so I opted for the Acadia.

Smooth ride. Loaded with features. Love the heads-up display, the radio and navigation system, steering wheel controls, blue tooth, voice commands for radio tuning. Seats are comfortable and have heated and cooling features. Options are too many too list.

Not happy with fuel efficiency. I'm getting 16-17 mpg with mixed city/highway driving. Was hoping/expecting to get closer to 19-20 mpg. Headlights have auto-on feature, but cannot confirm that headlights are actually on, especially at dusk or during rainy conditions during the daylight, as I have not found any indicator light on the dashboard. Second row captains chairs are nice, but they sit a little low (not a problem for kids, but low for adults) and they hardly recline at all. Would be nice if the second row seats reclined .