Used 2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Ideal size for passenger comfort and cargo.
By ron scott

2014 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of little problems during first 40K miles
By Mike B

2014 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ride is quite firm, but not overly harsh. It's smoother on new Michelin Premier LTX tires than on original Goodyears.
Handling is great, brakes just OK.
AWD works well in rain snow.
Vehicle feels very secure in all kinds of weather on all types of roads.
NAV system was a waste of $750. Even my 7 year old TomTom works better.
Had some creaks and squeaks in passenger side doors and windows. Our dealer fixed most of them.
Drivers seat creaked and groaned when hitting bumps. Dealer replaced seat base.
Rear windshield washer stopped working due to a hose that had pulled loose.
Middle row bucket seats are very hard to pull forward for access to third row. No resolution here.
Latest problem is camshaft position sensor and camshaft actuator. Position sensor is covered under 100K mile power train warranty. Actuator was not, even though it's an integral part of the engine. Go figure.
Dealer service writer tells me power steering hose is showing signs of a minor leak. In my experience, these are usually good 100K miles or more.
I'd suggest a potential owner buy an extended warranty or be ready to write checks after 36K miles. This vehicle is obviously not designed to be reliable any longer than that.
I'm pretty much done with GM vehicles. Based on positive experiences I've had with 2011 and 2016 Fords, our next SUV will probably be a Ford.

NOT RELIABLE
By Karla Torres

2014 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed in the service department and quality of the GMC. I traded in my car because I thought it was a smart idea to purchase a new GMC vehicle, since GMC is supposed to be a reliable car manufacturer, but I was sadly mistaken.
I bought my current car a 2014 GMC Acadia SLT on 12/05/2015 while still under manufacturer's warranty.
On 01/15/2016 I had to take it in to service - my major complaints were buzzing sound from dashboard (wiper cowl was deformed causing noise); A/C blowing smoke, noisy and causing a hissing sound - to this they stated nothing was wrong, when I expressed my concerns I was reassured that even if out of warranty it was recorded in the system and would still be covered; transmission shifting hard - did not find what was wrong and was again reassured I had a good warranty.
On 01/29/2016 I brought car back in - I was concerned about knocking transmission; hard vibrations when accelerating (flex pipe was replaced); and mentioned about A/C issues once more, but was assured everything was fine with it and they mentioned once more that since it was in the system even if it was out of warranty it would be taken care of.
On 02/12/2016 I was still not satisfied and brought car into service - again because of knocking/clanking engine/transmission (front engine mount was broken and replaced); A/C noisy (compressor replaced), the A/C hissing (Evaporator core leaking and was replaced)
On 02/23/2016 I brought car in because of hard transmission shifts - I was assured this is normal
Since temperatures had been cool I had not used the A/C until this day, when I got home I noticed the A/C leaking onto the driver's side carpet inside vehicle, I called to schedule service 02/23/2016 @ 12:44pm left a message and never got a call back (at this point we are close to the 36,000mi warranty)
I called again 02/24/2016 @ 9:41am left message, still no call back. I had a pretty busy week afterwards with my kids getting sick with the flu, I called again on 3/1/2016 @9:41am, @10:24am, @10:29am, @12:57pm, @12:59pm no one called me back. Finally was able to reach and brought car in on 3/2/2016 they found A/C drain clogged and they unclogged
I still noticed the leak which was worse and called on 03/03/2016 left message, no one returned my call
I finally got a hold of someone on 03/07/2016, brought the car in and was told, sorry you are out of warranty you will have to pay for the repairs. I was shocked and very angry, especially since I have been bringing the car in with all these issues I was assured would be covered even if out of warranty since there is a record. I pay $569 per month for what is supposed to be a good, reliable car that would not give me trouble, and this car has been in the shop and had more problems in the 3 months I have owned it than my old Ford Expedition which I've had for years. I regret having traded in my old vehicle which was far more reliable than this new and shiny garbage truck.
I really hope that my horrible experience will at least help someone not make the mistake of investing in this vehicle.

Dealer has had our car longer than we have
By mmww328

2014 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our car and we decided to take ownership even though the ground effects were installed wrong and the blind spot and FCA system were not working. Big mistake - the car is still not working right. Also I would have expected a bit more giddy up and go.... it's kind of a dog when it comes to off the line performance.

Looks tough - comfortable ride (once you get going).

GMC needs to step up there features and standard offerings. Foreign cars offer many more options than the Denali version does. Also the touch screen is hard to use and too sensitive. Finally a little pride in craftsmanship would be nice. Things were not installed right on our car (i.e., rubber trim on the luggage rack not secured down, the hose for the sunroof leaks into the passenger side of the car, the ground effects were installed wrong).

Nice but buggy
By soutex

2014 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First off I like everything about this car.
Ok, well not everything.
I have owned it for 10 days and
on day 3 it was back to the dealer to get a massive oil leak fixed.
Cheap Chinese oil filter housing cracked and allowed oil to leak past the filter seal.

The remote start works maybe 50% of the time.
The gas gauge wanders from 1/8 tank to just under 1/2 full which causes the distance to empty to wander from 50 to 120 miles.
The driver's seat moves back for easy exit even though I turned that feature off.
Now, my main gripe is I am only getting 13.8 mpg in town.
I have been driving this car like an old lady and I can not improve on that number after two tanks of gas.

Air conditioned seats, power lift rear hatch, Intellilink stereo, lane change warning system and cargo capacity.

Smooth out the clunky transmission. For a luxury SUV the transmission is an embarrassment. During a 90 degree turn my wife thought the transmission failed when it shifted with a "thud." Add sun glass holder in the over head console. Add tritium paint to the garage door opener buttons so they can be seen in the dark. Make mud flaps standard equipment. The body behind the front wheels curves enough to expose a lot of tire tread which throws tar/highway goo up the side of the car.