Not worthy of the Denali name
By mustangchief on
2013 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Downsizing from driving Yukon XL Denalis since 2003, I was excited to see the Denali trim in the medium sized Acadia. I tossed between the Benz 350, Nissan Pathfinder, Infiniti XJ and the Acadia. My Yukons never let me down, so I was a little bias'd toward the GMC line. The Acadia is a very nice looking cross-over, but as they say beauty is only skin deep. I have driven it 1000 miles and all I can say is shame on you GMC. It looks Denali worthy coming up very short when you look past the exterior shine. I would give the car high marks if it were not in the Denali line.
Favorite Features
Heads up display! Every car should have one. It takes a few miles to quit trying looking for the speedo in the dash. The remote start works flawlessly and has the seats nice and toasty on cold days before even opening the door. If you like it quiet, the car is whisper quiet cruising down the interstate. Ok, the bad and ugly. First the position of the rear wiper switch...it is hidden behind the shifter. You accidently knock off stability when you need it most due to both rocker switches being side by side. What happened to the side adjustments on the power seats? If you are over 6 foot, beware of the power steering column, it doesn't adjust high enough to unblock the center display
Suggested Improvements
So I have room, here are bullets of the remaining gripes. 1. Seats are uncomfortable on long trips. 2. Outside mirrors go all the way down in the back up mode, instead of selecting a position. 3. Power, don't go up hill pulling a 4500Lb Trailer. 4. No rear seat heater option. 5. Worst Bose system I'ver ever heard 6. Rear DVD/Screen is the same as my 06 Yukon, headsets are pitifuly cheap. 7. Roof Rack cross rails, cargo net, rear area cover, mud mats, noise canceling head phones, highway safety kit, trailer adapter from 7 pin to 12 volt all cost extra. I'm not used to getting nickle and dimed on a Denali package. They claim it to be Denali class, but it is more like the middle class.
By toymover
on 05/02/13 14:50 PM (PDT)

Wow we must be related. I did the same thing...went from a Yukon Denali XL to the 2013 Acadia Denali and I completely agree with your comments. Except the engineering is horrible...my mother-in-law could get into the Yukon Denali easily. but is challenged to get into this one and...get this...you can't get running boards for the new 2013 Acadia Denali...they cannot be attached due to issues with the trim...not factory...not aftermarket...they are simply not made. Try getting a car seat fastened...you would have to be 6' 6", Also I have had problems with leaks in the ceiling panel when it rains...they finally had to replace the fixed extended sunroof that was installed improperly. We hope that works. Over all if I had it to do over again...I would have kept my Yukon Denali XL...Oh well we all have to live with our mistakes. I do like not having to take out and put in the rear seats for the grandkids...that was a pain in the Yukon and very easy in the Acadia. We noticed the Acadia only gets about a 3 1/2 miles per gallon advantage over the Yukon...thought that would be more. I agree...it does not deserve the Denali moniker.