2013 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
Worst "Denali" ever
By drakers on 06/28/13 12:47 PM (PDT)

2013 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased more than my share of vehicles from GMC, Pontiac, Jaguar, BMW, and Cadillac. I have determined that there are two automobiles that I have purchased new and wish I never did. One was a 2007 Jaguar XK (it was a new model of their high performance car) and the other is this Acadia “Denali”The first thing to break on the Acadia was the cheap or improper installation of the rubber pad on the foot actuated emergency brake. Then the Roof leaked due to improper installation...little things either break off or were improperly installed. Terrible QC at factory. Sluggish motor that cuts out frequently.

We love our 2013 Acadia Denali!
By neohiomom on 06/27/13 08:12 AM (PDT)

2013 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our AWD Acadia Denali in February, cashing in our GM rewards and trading in our 2010 Acura MDX. In 2010, we decided to trade our 2003 Acura MDX. We looked at our recent MDX and the Acadia, which we loved the looks of. Unfortunately, the cheap plastic interior was a deal breaker for us. We loved both MDX's, but the 3rd row was a joke and it didn't have enough cargo room for our family trips. We were thrilled to see the Acadia Denali redesigned for 2013! The interior is now on par with the MDX and while it's not quite as nimble or quick, it's still a lot of fun to drive. My husband and I both love this vehicle and so do the kids! It's a real eye catcher in the White Diamond, too!

Sunroof leaks
By bh1008 on 06/15/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

2013 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Only had our Acadia for 3 months rained all day one day while at work, on the way home water was leaking through one of the lights over the third row seats. It has been in the shop for a week now and STILL not fixed, spoke with the service manager today, and he is not sure when it will be ready. I read reviews from past model years that had some leaking problems, and apparently GMC has not fixed them yet.

Refresh Done Well
By ocbp29 on 05/24/13 12:47 PM (PDT)

2013 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We previously drove a Buick Enclave for 5 years, so we knew what to expect with the Lambda platform which is shared between the Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave. The refresh has given this CUV what we consider a more truck like presence which appeals to both the male and female driver in our family. Fit and finish is what one would expect from GM with improvements made to the transmission in the Acadia (no more searching for gears up hills), less flashy wheel offerings and, better integrated telematics (bluetooth, nav, DVD). Overall one of the best values for the content and quality that GM now offers in this segment.

Steering and rear tail door
By mfd33 on 02/26/13 13:21 PM (PST)

2013 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Turn the wheel all the way to either side and it clunks, they say it's normal. It scared the heck out of me first time. This is not normal. I'm sure there'll be a recall in the future, there should be. Beware til they fix this problem, if they fix it. Metal to metal coming from rear hatch area when I go over bumps. Four days they've been trying to figure that one out, they still have it. I wouldn't recommend it at this time. I should have stuck with my Yukon. 2013 has not been a good year for the Acadia, looks good but looks ain't everything.

Not worthy of the Denali name
By mustangchief on 02/13/13 17:09 PM (PST)

2013 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Downsizing from driving Yukon XL Denalis since 2003, I was excited to see the Denali trim in the medium sized Acadia. I tossed between the Benz 350, Nissan Pathfinder, Infiniti XJ and the Acadia. My Yukons never let me down, so I was a little bias'd toward the GMC line. The Acadia is a very nice looking cross-over, but as they say beauty is only skin deep. I have driven it 1000 miles and all I can say is shame on you GMC. It looks Denali worthy coming up very short when you look past the exterior shine. I would give the car high marks if it were not in the Denali line.

Great car
By jeroldh on 12/15/12 13:04 PM (PST)

2013 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2013 Acadia for about 4 weeks. Great car. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Intell-link easy to use with very short learning curve. Gas milage is slightly better than advertised. Much better looking than the previous Acadia. I would recommend this car to anyone!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 GMC Acadia Suv in VA is:

$152 per month*