Used 2013 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Excellent all around SUV
By Roland

2013 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Surprisingly good gas mileage for an awd vehicle this size. Tons of cargo space. Tows well. Very nice ride.

33000K miles and happy
By Chris Macy

2013 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Consumer Reports noted that this year and model could have climate control problems. In the three summers we have had the car, we did have to have the rear compressor replaced. It was covered undr warranty, so we were happy. Otherwise, we have really enjoyed having such a sturdy and safe car for our family to ride in. It is a blast driving the AWD in the snow!

Glove compartment light
By Gerald Roy Longbottom

2013 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Is it even possible that in 2013 a vehicle can come with no light in the glove compartment. Could this be a factory omission or cost-cutting. I need a flashlight at night or I must to exercise my sense of touch!

Worst "Denali" ever
By drakers

2013 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased more than my share of vehicles from GMC, Pontiac, Jaguar, BMW, and Cadillac. I have determined that there are two automobiles that I have purchased new and wish I never did.
One was a 2007 Jaguar XK (it was a new model of their high performance car) and the other is this Acadia “Denali”The first thing to break on the Acadia was the cheap or improper installation of the rubber pad on the foot actuated emergency brake. Then the Roof leaked due to improper installation...little things either break off or were improperly installed. Terrible QC at factory. Sluggish motor that cuts out frequently.

Remote start, great 3rd seats, good technology package.

Need proximity fob detection, Re-engineer this car and take off the plastic "Bling". Get some turbo in the engine and make sure you QC check these vehicles prior to shipping them.

We love our 2013 Acadia Denali!
By neohiomom

2013 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our AWD Acadia Denali in February, cashing in our GM rewards and trading in our 2010 Acura MDX. In 2010, we decided to trade our 2003 Acura MDX. We looked at our recent MDX and the Acadia, which we loved the looks of. Unfortunately, the cheap plastic interior was a deal breaker for us. We loved both MDX's, but the 3rd row was a joke and it didn't have enough cargo room for our family trips. We were thrilled to see the Acadia Denali redesigned for 2013! The interior is now on par with the MDX and while it's not quite as nimble or quick, it's still a lot of fun to drive. My husband and I both love this vehicle and so do the kids! It's a real eye catcher in the White Diamond, too!

I love the air-cooled seats, the color touch screen, and the voice activation. It has tons of cargo room, a third row that adults can actually use, and the 2nd row captain's chairs are great! The Remote Start is awesome, too! We just returned from a 1400 mile round trip. On each end, we arrived after 13 hours of driving in good shape. We weren't road weary like we were after trips half the distance in the MDX. The Denali was very comfortable with lumbar in both seats and articulated headrests....FINALLY! It was quiet and so were the kids, thanks to the rear DVD, which is easy to use once you turn it on, which unfortunately requires manual release of the screen and use of the remote control.

Deeper pockets in the door panels for umbrellas and storage. Update the engine for better gas mileage and performance. Add Keyless entry and Collision Avoidance. Give the option of a lower chime volume in feature settings. It's so LOUD even on normal! I would like the "Favorites" buttons on the Touch Screen to change with the radio source selection, without having to go through a menu to access them. The power for the rear DVD screen should automatically turn on and lower the screen when a DVD is inserted and not require use of the remote control and contortion of the driver or passenger so that it aims for the infrared sensor located in the roof behind the driver. Seriously? Come on GM!