So Far So Good
By bayerleinbio on
2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I just bought this crossover. I looked at all crossovers - foreign and domestic - price, and mpg - and found Acadia a bit larger than I would have initially prefered, however I was impressed. I drive mainly in a small town, and I get 17 mph, with an average speed of 22mph from block to block. I've owned Chevy trucks, a Tahoe, and an ML 350 Benz which I traded in for the Acadia. The interior is amazing, roomier than Toyota Rav4 (which was really narrow). Acceleration on Interstate was fine - I am not a dynamic quick driver rabbit start driver, so this vehicle suites my driving style nicely. Great to have the camera - in color - in the rear view mirror.
Favorite Features
Steering is light and easy - what a surprise. Turning radius is sharp for such a long vehicle. V6 pulling a large vehicle like this is successful if you don't expect a jack-rabbit start. Love the second row captain chairs. Top quality interior. Vehicle seems very stable with the axles on the corners. Leaves lots of room for passengers and no interference with wheel wells. Engine is exceptionally quiet - the ML 350 Benz was noisy and seemed to roar on the highway. Drove me nuts - so in comparison the Acadia is superior.
Suggested Improvements
Would be a great opportunity to get a few more mpg on a 6 cylinder engine