Pleased that GM Has Come Back Strong...
By riogp on
2012 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
When I was a kid we had Packards ( Ask the man who owns one ) ...after that we drove Chevys & Cadillacs. In the 80's we switched to German iron since all the US auto makers fell flat on quality. My 2012 Acadia has revised my opinion of American quality. A very sophisticated work of engineering...very much on a par with the German product, as well as the Japanese...and at a more realistic purchase price ...and very much more reasonable service charges. The Acadia handles very precisely for such a large outfit. Mixed driving 20. 8 mpg. on the AWD version. I am very impressed.
Favorite Features
All the computerized whiz-bangs ( When you take the time to learn them ) welcome you to the 21'st century. The AWD is VERY sure footed and makes the transfer case business un-necessary unless you're headed to Ulan-Bator in a blizzard on a mule track. Excellent Bose stereo. Easily adjustable wheel& seat positions for nearly everyone. Rather wise 3 row climate control& well designed seating arrangements and slick access to the 3rd row ( comfy ) seating. Very solid feel......awfully good steering sensitivity as well. The Acadia drives smaller than it is
Suggested Improvements
Other than the fact ( Like all the large car based SUV's ) that the foreward& rear sightlines require a bit of getting used to ( The standard rearview camera is a big help )...I am awfully pleased with my Acadia.
By 2bconcerned
on 04/20/13 17:17 PM (PDT)

Are you still happy with your Acadia? Looking to purchase one. If not, why?