Mileage is a Joke!
By jftripp on
2012 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
This vehicle was sold with EPA estimate of 17 city and 22 highway. We have about 10,000 miles on the vehicle, and are averaging around 14 or 15 city (have never gotten close to 17), and have yet to get over 19 MPG on the highway. Don't believe the EPA estimates on this vehicle! In addition, on the highway, it's under-powered. If you have cruise set at 75, it will slow down to around 70 before it downshifts. This results in a constant "leap frog" with other vehicles on the highway. Looks decent, but other than that, I regret this purchase.
Suggested Improvements
Don't put EPA estimates on the vehicle that are not obtainable.
By redfin21
on 03/03/13 14:40 PM (PST)

I just bought a 2013 Acadia yesterday and drove it home 700 miles from the dealership. I was varying my speed from 65-80mph and I averaged 21.4 mpg. The highway was constant mountain, hills and curves through Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. My Acadia had 26 miles on it when I purchased it. I just can't believe the post here that says his Acadia has not gotten over 17.5 mpg during highway driving. My 21.4 mpg included stops for food, fuel and a overnight hotel stay. Go troll some other comment forum please.

By danallan
on 03/30/12 08:55 AM (PDT)

You guys know you can always sue them for false advertising. My understanding is that she won; http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/01/honda-heads-to-small-claims-court-over-hybrid-gas-mileage/1#.T3XXRdmibKE

By rospenda
on 10/01/11 14:07 PM (PDT)

We have had our 2011 GMC Acadia SLT in four times regarding the erratic shifting and poor MPG. The best we have gotten is 16 MPG on the highway. We have 11500 miles on it now. GMC says there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. I have complained enough that I now have a GMC Customer Satisfaction representative to call. This is the worst car we have ever owned. We are considering trading it in for a Honda CRV.

By gmcmexico
on 12/05/11 10:17 AM (PST)

For all Acadia owners complaing about gas mileage.....its gets slightly better after 30,000 miles or so. However, overgas mileage on my 2008 SLT AWD is still miserable. 17 miles on the highway at the very best. We also use a full size Nissan Titan pick up with a 5.7 litre V8 that gets comparable mileage to the Acadia! So far the vehicle has been reliable and has lots of room......would NOT buy and Acadia again....cannot recommend the vehicle

By lovegmc1
on 06/12/12 12:15 PM (PDT)

Thank you! Although some people say a transmission flaw or quirk effects gas mileage, mostly it is how the vehicle is being driven! I'm glad gmcmexico's 2008 is at least being reliable, because these cars had tons of problems until 2009 and 2010 and later. My mother is sort of a rabbit start driver and we go around 70 on the highway and in our AWD acadia slt with the 19 inch wheels, we get around the same gas mileage as in our old MDX. And this vehicle is much larger and slightly more powerful, and the best thing is, you don't have to put in premium gas!

By residualgenius
on 04/24/12 08:18 AM (PDT)

You gave away why you are getting so low of gas mileage in your statement. Every 5 mph you go over 60 you lose about 2 mpg. Also for every 250 pounds in the car you lose another 1 mpg. Of course those are not set in stone values and vary, but rough estimates. Also proper tire inflation and slow acceleration play a part as well. I was averaging 16.8 mpg on my acadia for the first year and a half I owned it until I read an article about saving mpg. I don't go over 65 anymore and use the cruise control as often as possible. I am also cautious to not accelerate too quickly. Over the last year I have averaged 22.3 mpg and my commute to work is about 50 miles and is city and highway driving. If you are driving 75 and driving cautiously with low weight you technically should be getting 16.3 based on what I am getting.

By lovegmc1
on 06/12/12 12:17 PM (PDT)

And why do people say that everything about their car is bad(ride, comfort, styling, reliability) when everything else is perfect and they are complianing about gas mileage??? The car isn't breaking, its just not getting the best mileage thats not a reliability or a comfort issue!!!