2012 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: Many great features, just one

2012 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Many great features, just one that's worrying me
By megant on

2012 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased out Acadia in June of this year. I'd had a Honda Pilot for 5 years, and while I really liked it, I wanted bucket seats in the second row and third row seating that was more easily accessible and was comfortable for adults-basically a minivan interior for seating without looking like a "mom-mobile" on the outside. The Acadia met these goals very nicely. We've put a lot of miles on it with our 9 year old son and it's been a very comfy ride. It's a beautiful vehicle, but the engine worries me. It can really hesitate when speeding up from a dead stop or slow speed-scary. It also isn't nearly as smooth in acceleration as my Honda was-a bit sluggish. A+ on everything but the engine-C.

I wanted a much better rear ventilation system than my Pilot & this has a great one including ceiling vents. Great stereo & awesome rear entertainment system-movie theater sound! Very easy to steer. Huge rear compartment for luggage. Access to 3rd row seating by going between 2nd row bucket seats is great. Third row seating is actually comfy for adults. Love the auto rear gate. Lots of info available as you drive-tire pressures, mileage, etc. Good console storage. Nice heads up MPH display. Love the heated & COOLED front seats-awesome during this hot summer! Love the remote starter. Love the rear camera display & warnings-keeps me out of trouble when backing up this boat-no ship!! :-)

What is wrong with this engine?? We took it back after the first month to have them check out why it hesitates sometimes when accelerating from slow speed or dead stop-nothing wrong, they said. Maybe I've been in Hondas & Nissans too long, but this engine just feels a little sluggish. There's this compartment on top of dash that has a port in it, but you can't see into it, nor is there a slot for the cord to go through so you can play your iPod music (you can't drive with it open). Interior "woodgrain" is a little cheesy. It's got every bell & whistle known to man, but side mirrors aren't heated. Front cup holders hug your drink so tight you can barely get them out.