2012 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: Buyers Remorse

2012 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

Buyers Remorse
By jerrim on

2012 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When it was time to trade in our minivan, I began looking at crossovers. It appeared that the Acadia could not be beat for features, styling, and gas mileage. It did not take long for me to have buyers remorse. It has not come close to meeting the advertised mpg. I do the majority of my driving in the city and only get between 12-14 mpg! I have never gotten above 17.5 mpg on a highway roadtrip. This car has much less cargo space than my minivan and no storage room in the front other than the passenger seat for a purse, book, etc. The nav system has been unreliable. It looks pretty but does not meet the needs of our family. It has less than 10,000 miles and I'm ready to trade it in.

Favorite Features

Exterior is nice. Automatic back hatch opening is convenient. Back seats fold down easily.

Suggested Improvements

- Gas mileage!!! Just driving around town transporting kids I am filling up about every 4 days. - The navigation system is cumbersome and unreliable. - Put more than 2 cupholders in the front. - The slide rails for the middle seats are completely exposed. Once something falls in there...pencils, food, crayons etc... it is almost impossible to get out.