2012 Acadia SLT 1, AWD
By lltautomobile on
2012 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I've now put 9,000 miles on the car after driving it for 9 months. Its performance is adequate, but can seem sluggish if you really need to accelerate quickly. MPG is below advertised at 19 highway and 15-17 in town. I do have the AWD so perhaps this is why. However my parents have the FWD version and they get 17-18/20-21 mpg which is also below advertised. My SLT 1 has heated front seats, but the passenger seat can only move front and back with manual lumbar support- it is obviously inferior to the driver seat, so if you plan on spending any time in the passenger seat, look to upgrade it.
Favorite Features
Seating is comfortable in the drivers seat with good lumbar support- (not as good as the subaru outback though, which I have found to be the most comfortable for my back). I'm 6ft and getting in and out of the vehicle is great with a slight step-up into the drivers seat. I like the fact that it seats 7. The kids fit fine on the back bench. I wish the middle captains chairs could come out though when more cargo space is needed. I have not driven it in heavy snow, but on snowpacked roads, it seems to grip well and I do not slide when accelerating. Of course stopping on ice is just like every other car. Its relatively quiet on the highway which I would rate above average.
Suggested Improvements
There needs to be more storage space in the back. Could there at least be a smaller version of the trunk well of minivans? Gas mileage needs to improve. If I had to do it again, I'd look into a toyota SUV, as I have found them to be quite honest with there advertised MPG. This way I'm not disappointed when I get the MPG it says I'm supposed to get. Make the passenger front seat equal to the driver seat on all models, not just for the Denali