Used 2012 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

2012 Acadia SLT-2 AWD (Love it!)
By grandprixman

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Pretty much every option besides the rear DVD system. Been driving this vehicle for just over 2 years. I'll have to say, it's the best riding vehicle that I've ever owned. Haven't had any mechanical issue with the vehicle, and I'm over 38,000 miles. There have been a couple minor recalls, but nothing that would prevent me from giving it a great review. Power is pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the gas mileage. It gets what it's suppose to, so I can't complain too much. And this thing weights over 6,000 lbs. Smooth ride, great interior, and no mechanical defects. Who could ask for anything more.

Navigation, Bose sound system, back up camera, moon roof with rear glass top.

If I were towing heavy loads, I'd probably like to see a larger V6, or even a V8 option. Other then that, this vehicle is solid.

GMC $129 month!
By serafino

2012 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

$129 a month lease with no money down since I used my GMC points on credit card...bumped up to $3000 plus other incentives such as conquest cash, and change of styling for 2013. So, I've been driving a the AWD SL model the cheapest model made, but it has the same drivetrain as the Denali $40K+ model. 30 months later not one problem, no squeaks or rattles, great in snow as RWD BMW's couldn't get out of their way. MPG average 17 mix on regular gas. Rides smooth and feels heavy, absorbs potholes. Dislikes: Plastic body works too much. The brakes starting to show wear at 24K feel vibrations. Seats not too comfortable lack support. Steering not precise. $129 can't complain.

Jeckyl and Hyde
By bwilling

2012 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Decent ride, a bit underpowered but MPG ok. Very comfortable and tons of room even with three kids in the back. Seats take awhile to heat up. Big problem is with carbon monoxide. This vehicle sets off alarms in our house when started in the garage ( garage door open of course). Service dept is like a human rain delay in trying to get it fixed. Fot the 55k spent on top of the line we had many other choices, cant imagine them being any worse. When not thinking about the CO it rides nice.

Sun roofs, lots of cup holders, great captain seats.

Diesel version? Stop trying to poison our family! or at least have a clue on how to fix it.

Not for the snow
By danbruin

2012 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this SUV as a family hauler. We live in the Pacific Northwest so AWD is great for the rain. Problem is that the Denali mode does not allow for snow chains...ever. This was never told to us at the dealership and now we feel pretty stupid for not asking up front but it did not occur to us. Don't know if models with smaller rims might accommodate chains but don't upgrade to the Denali model is you want to spend any time in the snow.

Interior finish

we did not get the model with Nav as we do not need it. allowing a place to doc your phone would be better. The USB cable port is in a cubby on the top of the dash.

Pleased that GM Has Come Back Strong...
By riogp

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I was a kid we had Packards ( Ask the man who owns one ) ...after that we drove Chevys & Cadillacs. In the 80's we switched to German iron since all the US auto makers fell flat on quality. My 2012 Acadia has revised my opinion of American quality. A very sophisticated work of engineering...very much on a par with the German product, as well as the Japanese...and at a more realistic purchase price ...and very much more reasonable service charges. The Acadia handles very precisely for such a large outfit. Mixed driving 20. 8 mpg. on the AWD version. I am very impressed.

All the computerized whiz-bangs ( When you take the time to learn them ) welcome you to the 21'st century. The AWD is VERY sure footed and makes the transfer case business un-necessary unless you're headed to Ulan-Bator in a blizzard on a mule track. Excellent Bose stereo. Easily adjustable wheel& seat positions for nearly everyone. Rather wise 3 row climate control& well designed seating arrangements and slick access to the 3rd row ( comfy ) seating. Very solid feel......awfully good steering sensitivity as well. The Acadia drives smaller than it is

Other than the fact ( Like all the large car based SUV's ) that the foreward& rear sightlines require a bit of getting used to ( The standard rearview camera is a big help )...I am awfully pleased with my Acadia.