Great SUV, almost a homerun!
By parkerv357 on
2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I bought my 2011 Acadia Denali used with just 16,000 miles on it. I am pleased with vehicle, yet with this being a Denali model and trading in an '02 Sierra Denali on this 2011, I feel that GMC could have grabbed a few options from the parts bin. I like the acceleration from the direct injected V6. gas mileage is not bad for a vehicle this size. I am averaging 18-20 MPG in town. The wice averages about 15-17 MPG. The bluetooth phone connections are great. I also like the reclining second row seats and the sliding seats also. I know in my Sierra, it had every option available for 2002, teh Acadia should have it all also. Good product, like most GM products, it could use a couple more.
Favorite Features
The 3.6L Direct Injection engine is a masterpiece to drive, on demand power and good fuel economy for a vehicle this size. others compare it to a Tahoe or Yukon, the Lambda platform has more room. Bluetooth phone connections are great, I forget I even have a phone in my pocket and then the music is muted and I am talking on the phone.
Suggested Improvements
Add Adapative Headlights to new models, put Cadillac SRX driver seat with thigh support, and the adjustable hatch open height of the SRX and Enclave. Bi-Xenon fog lichts would be good too, who wants blue headlight and yellowish fog lights?