2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: Great SUV, almost a homerun!

2011 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Great SUV, almost a homerun!
By parkerv357 on

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Acadia Denali used with just 16,000 miles on it. I am pleased with vehicle, yet with this being a Denali model and trading in an '02 Sierra Denali on this 2011, I feel that GMC could have grabbed a few options from the parts bin. I like the acceleration from the direct injected V6. gas mileage is not bad for a vehicle this size. I am averaging 18-20 MPG in town. The wice averages about 15-17 MPG. The bluetooth phone connections are great. I also like the reclining second row seats and the sliding seats also. I know in my Sierra, it had every option available for 2002, teh Acadia should have it all also. Good product, like most GM products, it could use a couple more.

The 3.6L Direct Injection engine is a masterpiece to drive, on demand power and good fuel economy for a vehicle this size. others compare it to a Tahoe or Yukon, the Lambda platform has more room. Bluetooth phone connections are great, I forget I even have a phone in my pocket and then the music is muted and I am talking on the phone.

Add Adapative Headlights to new models, put Cadillac SRX driver seat with thigh support, and the adjustable hatch open height of the SRX and Enclave. Bi-Xenon fog lichts would be good too, who wants blue headlight and yellowish fog lights?