Used 2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Gmc Acadia - Consumer Reviews

2011 GMC Acadia

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Most Helpful|
Pure Luxury
By john178

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the Acadia Denali on 01/27/11, with AWD. We traded in a 2008 Buick Enclave for this crossover. We had our minds set on another Enclave since we liked this car so much, but when my wife drove the red Denali, the deal was sealed. The Denali takes this car to another level. The attention to detail inside the car, along with the looks are superb. We needed something large to transport our kids and grandkids on vacations, visits etc. Small subtle differences we liked included the top crossbars that can be used to tie down Christmas trees, beach chairs, luggage- you name it. The Buick Enclave has these crossbars for looks only- they are not functional.

Favorite Features

AWD has especially been nice with the winter weather we continue to have in Ohio. The navigation system is user friendly and beneficial. Cargo space is awesome. The red lit gauges and Denali front door lit nameplates are classy. The HUD display is useful and convenient. The ride is so comfortable and the interior is top of the line.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic switch is needed to operate the back cover for the back seat sun roof, instead of manual control.

Great SUV
By beezer34

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Loved the Acadia. Plenty of room for all. Smooth driving. Leased it and had no issues to report. Recommend to all

Favorite Features

The three rows of seats

Suggested Improvements

The sunshade above the middle row should be powered which it was in the 2008 model I owned but did away with for 2011.

wow!!!!
By kimmyac

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I leased my 2011 Acadia in July of 2010, straight off the truck, first GMC I have ever driven. I was at the time driving an Explorer 7pass., that I was in love with and swore by. I was actually going to buy another one. However just paying attention to the different SUV's on the road, I liked the look and test drove a Saturn Outlook first. Then the GMC Acadia caught my eye. I went to the dealer to test drive one, and the next day my mind was made up (actually after I drove it my mind was made up) and I was the proud owner of a beautiful, stylish, comfortable, roomy, well handling, just outstanding vehicle in every aspect and detail. Can you tell I love my Acadia?

Favorite Features

I love the 2nd row bucket seats, and the ease of accessing the third row of seats, over that of my Explorer. I also like that the second row can move forward or backwards to give more or less leg room depending on who is seated in the third row. Climate control is major, especially having vents over the second and third row of seats, allowing everyone to adjust their settings to their comfort (didn't have that on my Ford). This alone has stopped me from freezing or sweating to death trying to get the car comfortable for everyone. Power lift gate, definate plus!!! I wish I had that when my soon was still in an infant carrier. More room in the rear cargo area with the third row in use.

Suggested Improvements

We went to Myrtle Beach, and the comfort of the drive for me and my passangers definately evident over the comfort of my Explorer. Very Plush and relaxing, almost to relaxing for me, as the only driver. I've read about the blind spots, but with every vehicle, you have to adjust, and this hasn't been a problem. My little boy was in his own private heaven on our trip, which is most important to me on such a long drive. I have nothing negative to say about this vehicle. Safety features are major to me, and this vehicle gives me every security I need as a mom. My next vehicle hands down, no doubt will be an Acadia.

Acadia Denali
By ltdjr

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 6 weeks experience with the Acadia Denali FWD. Overall the ride is quiet and comfortable. There have been no mechanical issues. The six cylinder engine provides adequate power, but not high perforance by any account. The gas milage is quite disappointing so far. I probably would not have made this purchase if I knew how bad the milage would be. Combined driving is 15-16mpg. Dealer says it will get better after 5,000 mi? I doubt that highly. I have seen 20 mpg only on long highway trips. The Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon gets this kind of milage in a substantial SUV as opposed to this disguised minivan.

Favorite Features

The blue tooth phone works great. Very comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Disappointing MPG. Cheap plastic dashboard and faux wood not on par with competition. Expect more, at least in the Denali line.

meh
By ghostface2009

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife's vehicle, she likes it, its safe and good in snow with AWD, looks nice, lots of interior room, etc. I'm a little more picky - gas mileage pretty bad, the head rest leans too far forward, so not comfortable for me in drivers seat, and at 58K we had to get the timing cover resealed because it was leaking oil. Luckily, covered under powertrain warranty so did not cost me a penny. Also, very minor, but the rubber footing on the emergency brake popped off. I popped it back on and its been fine ever since. I have a 2005 Camry with 270K miles and no issues (knock on wood). Starting to worry about this vehicles longevity, don't think it will hold up as well as the Camry.

Favorite Features

Safety, interior room, looks great, quiet, powerful engine, AWD

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, headrest position, gas mileage