Used 2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Don't do it
By merbeamish

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a used (28k miles) 2011 Acadia in April 2012. Test drove and was tempted to buy a Toyota Highlander or VW Touareg but loved the body style and features of the Acadia. DVD player broke after a week of owning it. Fortunately it was just barely covered under warranty. A couple months later, at 300 miles past warranty the back hatch broke (wouldn't open manually or remotely). $600 to fix. May 2013, a year after buying the vehicle we're on our 2nd time fixing the air conditioning (approx $1000/time), and there's an oil drip.

No other SUV in its class offers all of what we were looking for: a 3rd row, with captains chairs, and a reasonable amount of space behind the 3rd row when it's up, to haul a stroller or load groceries.

Love the body, but make a better quality vehicle.

Smart & Sporty Drive
By dmlarbus

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love this vehicle. It is quiet, smooth and comfortable for all passengers. You get the perks of a sporty sleek look without the rough truck ride while preserving the practicality of a large SUV or truck space and utility.

The heated bucket seats and remote start for warm ups are a definite plus. The sound system is not too shabby either.

What this vehicle is missing for its class is a heated steer and better gas mileage.

Great SUV, almost a homerun!
By parkerv357

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Acadia Denali used with just 16,000 miles on it. I am pleased with vehicle, yet with this being a Denali model and trading in an '02 Sierra Denali on this 2011, I feel that GMC could have grabbed a few options from the parts bin. I like the acceleration from the direct injected V6. gas mileage is not bad for a vehicle this size. I am averaging 18-20 MPG in town. The wice averages about 15-17 MPG. The bluetooth phone connections are great. I also like the reclining second row seats and the sliding seats also. I know in my Sierra, it had every option available for 2002, teh Acadia should have it all also. Good product, like most GM products, it could use a couple more.

The 3.6L Direct Injection engine is a masterpiece to drive, on demand power and good fuel economy for a vehicle this size. others compare it to a Tahoe or Yukon, the Lambda platform has more room. Bluetooth phone connections are great, I forget I even have a phone in my pocket and then the music is muted and I am talking on the phone.

Add Adapative Headlights to new models, put Cadillac SRX driver seat with thigh support, and the adjustable hatch open height of the SRX and Enclave. Bi-Xenon fog lichts would be good too, who wants blue headlight and yellowish fog lights?

wow!!!!
By kimmyac

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I leased my 2011 Acadia in July of 2010, straight off the truck, first GMC I have ever driven. I was at the time driving an Explorer 7pass., that I was in love with and swore by. I was actually going to buy another one. However just paying attention to the different SUV's on the road, I liked the look and test drove a Saturn Outlook first. Then the GMC Acadia caught my eye. I went to the dealer to test drive one, and the next day my mind was made up (actually after I drove it my mind was made up) and I was the proud owner of a beautiful, stylish, comfortable, roomy, well handling, just outstanding vehicle in every aspect and detail. Can you tell I love my Acadia?

I love the 2nd row bucket seats, and the ease of accessing the third row of seats, over that of my Explorer. I also like that the second row can move forward or backwards to give more or less leg room depending on who is seated in the third row. Climate control is major, especially having vents over the second and third row of seats, allowing everyone to adjust their settings to their comfort (didn't have that on my Ford). This alone has stopped me from freezing or sweating to death trying to get the car comfortable for everyone. Power lift gate, definate plus!!! I wish I had that when my soon was still in an infant carrier. More room in the rear cargo area with the third row in use.

We went to Myrtle Beach, and the comfort of the drive for me and my passangers definately evident over the comfort of my Explorer. Very Plush and relaxing, almost to relaxing for me, as the only driver. I've read about the blind spots, but with every vehicle, you have to adjust, and this hasn't been a problem. My little boy was in his own private heaven on our trip, which is most important to me on such a long drive. I have nothing negative to say about this vehicle. Safety features are major to me, and this vehicle gives me every security I need as a mom. My next vehicle hands down, no doubt will be an Acadia.

Interesting SUV
By mitchiev22

2011 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car has a nice comfortable feature to it, the seats are great and the mirrors are just right.

The comfort of the car is great! Its big, its roomie and I dont feel like I am in a boat while I am driving and the turn radius is fantastic for a SUV.

The dashboard of the car looks like decent plastic, I am speaking of the radio etc. The camera on the rear view mirror when I back up is nice but there is a major glare to it so there is no point of having the back up camera.

• SUV