Used 2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Gmc Acadia - Consumer Reviews

2011 GMC Acadia

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Great SUV, almost a homerun!
By parkerv357

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Acadia Denali used with just 16,000 miles on it. I am pleased with vehicle, yet with this being a Denali model and trading in an '02 Sierra Denali on this 2011, I feel that GMC could have grabbed a few options from the parts bin. I like the acceleration from the direct injected V6. gas mileage is not bad for a vehicle this size. I am averaging 18-20 MPG in town. The wice averages about 15-17 MPG. The bluetooth phone connections are great. I also like the reclining second row seats and the sliding seats also. I know in my Sierra, it had every option available for 2002, teh Acadia should have it all also. Good product, like most GM products, it could use a couple more.

Favorite Features

The 3.6L Direct Injection engine is a masterpiece to drive, on demand power and good fuel economy for a vehicle this size. others compare it to a Tahoe or Yukon, the Lambda platform has more room. Bluetooth phone connections are great, I forget I even have a phone in my pocket and then the music is muted and I am talking on the phone.

Suggested Improvements

Add Adapative Headlights to new models, put Cadillac SRX driver seat with thigh support, and the adjustable hatch open height of the SRX and Enclave. Bi-Xenon fog lichts would be good too, who wants blue headlight and yellowish fog lights?

wow!!!!
By kimmyac

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I leased my 2011 Acadia in July of 2010, straight off the truck, first GMC I have ever driven. I was at the time driving an Explorer 7pass., that I was in love with and swore by. I was actually going to buy another one. However just paying attention to the different SUV's on the road, I liked the look and test drove a Saturn Outlook first. Then the GMC Acadia caught my eye. I went to the dealer to test drive one, and the next day my mind was made up (actually after I drove it my mind was made up) and I was the proud owner of a beautiful, stylish, comfortable, roomy, well handling, just outstanding vehicle in every aspect and detail. Can you tell I love my Acadia?

Favorite Features

I love the 2nd row bucket seats, and the ease of accessing the third row of seats, over that of my Explorer. I also like that the second row can move forward or backwards to give more or less leg room depending on who is seated in the third row. Climate control is major, especially having vents over the second and third row of seats, allowing everyone to adjust their settings to their comfort (didn't have that on my Ford). This alone has stopped me from freezing or sweating to death trying to get the car comfortable for everyone. Power lift gate, definate plus!!! I wish I had that when my soon was still in an infant carrier. More room in the rear cargo area with the third row in use.

Suggested Improvements

We went to Myrtle Beach, and the comfort of the drive for me and my passangers definately evident over the comfort of my Explorer. Very Plush and relaxing, almost to relaxing for me, as the only driver. I've read about the blind spots, but with every vehicle, you have to adjust, and this hasn't been a problem. My little boy was in his own private heaven on our trip, which is most important to me on such a long drive. I have nothing negative to say about this vehicle. Safety features are major to me, and this vehicle gives me every security I need as a mom. My next vehicle hands down, no doubt will be an Acadia.

Interesting SUV
By mitchiev22

2011 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car has a nice comfortable feature to it, the seats are great and the mirrors are just right.

Favorite Features

The comfort of the car is great! Its big, its roomie and I dont feel like I am in a boat while I am driving and the turn radius is fantastic for a SUV.

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard of the car looks like decent plastic, I am speaking of the radio etc. The camera on the rear view mirror when I back up is nice but there is a major glare to it so there is no point of having the back up camera.

My take on Mileage and Interior Design
By sood02491

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Acadia Denali 2011 - Have 1800 miles on it now. Mileage: I drive on Highway 5 Los Angeles back and forth to work. I leave home around 6.30 A.M - Get 22-24 MPG Leave work around 4 P.M -Get 16-17 MPG City : 14-17 MPG Do not go by the on board computer that shows how many miles per gallon you are getting - Calculate yourself - Fill Tank - Note mileage - Drive and put some miles on it and then Fill again to see how many gallons you used. Interior: I have owned Navigator, Audi A6 before. I traded Accord to get this - Accord had way more leg room than this - Find it hard to rest left foot when driving - Get very frustrated because of poor design - Not enough leg room.

Favorite Features

Heads Up Display - Interior design - except for leg room

Suggested Improvements

Please get more leg room - at least on the driver side!! Get rid of chrome around vents - They reflect in the side mirrors. I had to put black tape on the driver and passenger side vents. The seats do not cool down too much - when using remote start, seats should cool/heat as required - They don't as of now. Telephone: You should be able to see your contact list on the screen and use touch screen to dial - As of now, you can not!!!

slush factor & interior faux pas
By mundocovar

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

amidst looking for a good crossover for my size 6-5... while i am an avid fast driver, we need the room to lug around at least 4 big people without having to get a mini van or a suburban monster. we test drove the car but the title of crossover is not there. the car feels like a small truck. handling is slushy and feels a bit delayed. the room inside has with great features. but the quality of the finish turned us off. the sun roof(s) were covered with a flimsy slide cloth that did not close well and that would be torn off at the first fight between my children, sunroof hardware was exposed were tie rods would lead to finger stubbing cleanup .unlike the toyota HIGHLANDER clean desig