2011 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
Ready to trade in...
By artistamy1 on 04/08/14 17:48 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2011 Denali brand-new, kept it well and were rewarded with poor quality. The first year was fine--the lack of technology was a nuisance, but the car fit my very tall family, so I was willing to overlook that. But simple things like the non-qwerty keypad in the CD-based nav system really wore on me. GM stayed solvent by skimping on technology, and it's painfully apparent in this model year. Our '06 BMW 3-series has better technology. Now at 36k, it's falling apart all over!

Great SUV
By beezer34 on 06/25/13 08:46 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Loved the Acadia. Plenty of room for all. Smooth driving. Leased it and had no issues to report. Recommend to all

Don't do it
By merbeamish on 05/17/13 13:34 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a used (28k miles) 2011 Acadia in April 2012. Test drove and was tempted to buy a Toyota Highlander or VW Touareg but loved the body style and features of the Acadia. DVD player broke after a week of owning it. Fortunately it was just barely covered under warranty. A couple months later, at 300 miles past warranty the back hatch broke (wouldn't open manually or remotely). $600 to fix. May 2013, a year after buying the vehicle we're on our 2nd time fixing the air conditioning (approx $1000/time), and there's an oil drip.

Smart & Sporty Drive
By dmlarbus on 02/05/13 06:52 AM (PST)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love this vehicle. It is quiet, smooth and comfortable for all passengers. You get the perks of a sporty sleek look without the rough truck ride while preserving the practicality of a large SUV or truck space and utility.

Great SUV, almost a homerun!
By parkerv357 on 11/02/12 11:47 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Acadia Denali used with just 16,000 miles on it. I am pleased with vehicle, yet with this being a Denali model and trading in an '02 Sierra Denali on this 2011, I feel that GMC could have grabbed a few options from the parts bin. I like the acceleration from the direct injected V6. gas mileage is not bad for a vehicle this size. I am averaging 18-20 MPG in town. The wice averages about 15-17 MPG. The bluetooth phone connections are great. I also like the reclining second row seats and the sliding seats also. I know in my Sierra, it had every option available for 2002, teh Acadia should have it all also. Good product, like most GM products, it could use a couple more.

wow!!!!
By kimmyac on 02/29/12 07:44 AM (PST)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I leased my 2011 Acadia in July of 2010, straight off the truck, first GMC I have ever driven. I was at the time driving an Explorer 7pass., that I was in love with and swore by. I was actually going to buy another one. However just paying attention to the different SUV's on the road, I liked the look and test drove a Saturn Outlook first. Then the GMC Acadia caught my eye. I went to the dealer to test drive one, and the next day my mind was made up (actually after I drove it my mind was made up) and I was the proud owner of a beautiful, stylish, comfortable, roomy, well handling, just outstanding vehicle in every aspect and detail. Can you tell I love my Acadia?

Interesting SUV
By mitchiev22 on 12/01/11 09:14 AM (PST)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car has a nice comfortable feature to it, the seats are great and the mirrors are just right.

My take on Mileage and Interior Design
By sood02491 on 08/12/11 09:45 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Acadia Denali 2011 - Have 1800 miles on it now. Mileage: I drive on Highway 5 Los Angeles back and forth to work. I leave home around 6.30 A.M - Get 22-24 MPG Leave work around 4 P.M -Get 16-17 MPG City : 14-17 MPG Do not go by the on board computer that shows how many miles per gallon you are getting - Calculate yourself - Fill Tank - Note mileage - Drive and put some miles on it and then Fill again to see how many gallons you used. Interior: I have owned Navigator, Audi A6 before. I traded Accord to get this - Accord had way more leg room than this - Find it hard to rest left foot when driving - Get very frustrated because of poor design - Not enough leg room.

slush factor & interior faux pas
By mundocovar on 06/28/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

amidst looking for a good crossover for my size 6-5... while i am an avid fast driver, we need the room to lug around at least 4 big people without having to get a mini van or a suburban monster. we test drove the car but the title of crossover is not there. the car feels like a small truck. handling is slushy and feels a bit delayed. the room inside has with great features. but the quality of the finish turned us off. the sun roof(s) were covered with a flimsy slide cloth that did not close well and that would be torn off at the first fight between my children, sunroof hardware was exposed were tie rods would lead to finger stubbing cleanup .unlike the toyota HIGHLANDER clean desig

Love it!!
By jodi0725 on 06/20/11 18:52 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Acadia SUV SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We got a new Acadia in March 2011, after a car accident totaled my Equinox. Test drove the Traverse and Acadia and liked the Acadia much more. It drives so smoothly and we love the back up camera. We got the 2 bucket seats in the second row, which is great with 2 small girls. My only complaints are: sun reflection off the air vents and console can be blinding and the windshield wipers located on the same lever as the turn signals take some getting used to. I still turn on my wipers when trying to turn on my signal, and vice versa.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 GMC Acadia Suv in VA is:

$108 per month*