2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: Constant Problems

2010 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Constant Problems
By gbread on

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unfortunately, one week after purchasing my GMC Acadia SLTII, one of the tires blew out and had to be replaced. It has gotten no better. This car gets the worse gas mileage of any vehicle I have ever owned. It gets less than 14 mpg, and is costing me an arm and a leg. The transmission constantly slips, and it has been in the shop for a broken water pump, non-cooling air conditioner and problems with the DVD player. The dealer has been very helpful upon each instance, however, I am sure they are getting tired of having to get me rental cars regularly since the car, still under warranty, is in the shop all of the time. I can't wait to get rid of this car, and will never buy GMC again.

The head rest leans too far forward and hurts my neck as it pushes my head forward. I had to turn my headrest around backwards just to be able to drive the car in a comfortable position.