Biggest car mistake of my life!
By skippy99 on
2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I bought a 2010 Acadia for my wife. It had 56,000 miles on it when purchased. Could have bought a Mercedes SUV for the price. The problems I've had with it have been unbelievable! Windshield leak damaged radio and A/C fan (window apparently always leaked), Power steering failed TWICE in 10k mi. $1600 to replace a power steering pump! A/C failed due to hose rubbing against chassis. Transmission shift issues. Brake issues. It gets 14 MPG (same as my old 6.0 liter Yukon XL), you need a mirror to see the fuses, and in order to replace a headlight bulb, you need to remove the inner fender (wheel well) skirt! Awful, Awful engineering design. Don't do it! Seriously, don't!
Favorite Features
Wife thinks the bucket seat arrangement makes the back seat roomier. Seats are comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Transverse engine makes this car very difficult and expensive to work on. ($1600 to replace a $175 power steering pump because you have to remove the exhaust!) The car has dozens of design flaws. Memory seats only come in SLT-2 version because the memory module is part of the system computer instead of the seat like most non-GM cars. The car was designed to force you to go to the dealer for everything...even changing a light bulb!
By gulfking2
on 11/15/14 13:03 PM (PST)

I received a steering pump notice and refund form in sept2014. It wasn't a recall but offered to fix. Mine was broken but dealership blamed it on something else. I hate this car and gmc. Call them about steering pump notice.