2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews 4

2010 Gmc Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

2010 Acadia Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Almost bought an Audi Q5
By LLA

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We stumbled across the Acadia on a whim after an Audi salesman was not forth right about the models on his car lot. The Acadia is a great choice for a family SUV. My daughter loves the second row captains seats because they are cozy and they even recline, I love the comfort and my husband loves the style. The ride is comfortable. We recently took it on a road trip that included going on some uneven dirt roads. It did an awesome job. When driving it feels bigger than it is. The safety ratings are also great. We traded our 10 year old Suburban for this car so I feel good about the longevity of a GMC product and I feel alot better about buying an American Car.

Favorite Features

The comfort, the ride, the great safety ratings, the captain seats in the second row, navigation system, XM radio, and the style. We also love the storage capacity because we camp, ski, and take lots of road trips. It is so easy to put the third row seat down. The stereo system is very nice too

Suggested Improvements

They could do better with the quality of leather, fuel economy (TDI alternative), and should have memory seats and better seat adjusting mechanisms for the front and second row seats for all models.

gas mileage is killing me
By acadiastinks

2010 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a new 2010 GMC acadia. It has 2000 miles on it. I get 10 mpg!!!! The wheels have no free roll. They always feel bound. The tranny down shifts hard and slows the vehicle from rolling. Try coasting at 60 mph and it winds down hard to 50 mph in 4 seconds. It causes you to constantly ride the gas pedal. IT STINKS

LUV THIS CAR!!!
By EAS

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car after trading in my Honda CRV. I drive 50,000 miles a year for my job. I wanted something that was a bit bigger then the CRV and more comfortable. These Acadia's are sharp! I have only once been able to get 20mpg but it has been so cold out it is hard to get the good mileage so I am waiting for the warm to see what I get. This is really comfortable and I love this car!!! I've noticed that when I put the car in Park out of drive it seems to roll forward a bit far after you take your foot off the break, I just have to get used to that. I have been recommending this car to lots of people.

Favorite Features

rearview mirror back-up camera. red dash lights roomy bluetooth chairs dvd player rear heat/air auto lights auto start---LOVE THIS! Auto rear gate--LOVE THIS!

Suggested Improvements

Come on GMC where is the light in the glove box--that is a gip for sure!! a button inside to pull in the rearview mirrors for the car wash-it's a pain in the winter. heated rear second seats more electric seat settings and the lever for seatback is too hard to get to. wiper lever is a bit cheap

Love it!
By AZMom

2010 GMC Acadia SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Highlander became too small and the Acadia is a great upgrade. I like the lines on the vehicle and it is a very practical people mover. I considered the Enclave but was turned off by too much chrome.

Favorite Features

Room, room, and more room. It has great pickup and a comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Seriously!!??!!
By cgwmom

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2010 Acadia bought brand new 12/31/2009 with only 108 miles on it. Exactly 2 weeks from the date of purchase and I watched it leave on a tow truck last night! I picked up school kids and then got a low oil pressure alarm (stop engine) on the display! The alarm would not stop and I pulled over in the nearest parking lot and phoned the dealership! Stranded for 3 hours with 3 small school kids because of my BRAND NEW CAR is not OK! I have wanted this car for over 2 years, and now I dont want it at all. Dealer says it is 'probably just a sensor". Guess what, I dont care if it is a sensor, or a gasket or a loose belt. New car on tow truck = me NOT HAPPY

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, radio controls on steering wheel, red lights on display, power liftgate

Suggested Improvements

interior door panels feel cheap, sound hollow. Have a wood grain option for interior. Not loving the temp controls on heat/ air. repeatedly pushing button to get desired temp is annoying. For 40K, how about not having to be towed away at 2 weeks in.....just saying

best car i ever had
By lshah72414

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2010 acadia is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Handling is excellent. It is very quiet. I love driving it. My only complaint is I wish I got better than 22 miles per gallon. My previous vehicle was getting 24 mpg.

Favorite Features

I love the styling. It is such a beautiful vehicle. Very sleek and curvy. I don't like the box type cars and this vehicle is nothing like that.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the gas mileage was better than 22 miles per gallon.

Liking It
By JD

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like most everything about this vehicle. The one complaint I would have is the headrest does not adjust as much as I would like, but it is my wife's car. Had a Toyota Highlander LTD. for her which I rarely drove, I thought it looked like a station wagon or a grocery getter not exactly a man's car. Now I drive her's almost any time we go together it has a great look! On a 75 mile trip we had 6 adults riding very comfortably. In the snow it is amazing it just doesn't move off track. Like the interior very much just macho enough. The ride of this vehicle is fantastic. You can see for miles with the headlamps. 3500 miles no complaints yet. MPG ok observed 24 highway but it is big.

Favorite Features

Dual sunroof, power liftgate, camera, USB port for ipod,captain's chairs in back,all that room,dual exhausts,the looks front and rear, RIDE.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests Memory on SLT-1

Great Crossover
By berne1

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Acadia in December, traded in a Yukon Denali. I find this vehicle superior in every way for my usage. It is very quiet inside, smooth and powerful. This is a much more compact package than the Yukon with better MPG, better performance, better ride quality, and on.

Favorite Features

Refinement all around...quiet inside with a smooth powertrain. Plenty of horsepower. I love the Navi, rear DVD and HID headlamps, also remote start is great for a Michigan winter. Dual panel sunroof is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had the swiveling headlights like my Enclave did. Also I miss the RainSense wipers. I wish I could disable the DRLs. Also would have like the ability to get a heated steering wheel.

The best choice, but not perfect
By JimM

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When looking for a AWD SUV that can tow a boat, has enough height to get through the snow storms, a nice ride, 7 seats and easy access to the 3rd row, the choices are limited. We need captains chairs in the 2nd row. The traditional truck SUVs have this, but the 3rd row is either too small or doesn't fold flat. I also wasn't interested in getting 12 MPG or a truck-like ride. The only other SUV that compares to the Acadia is the Flex, but it has a small 3rd row, something we could be regretting when traveling with the inlaws. As you can see from my ratings, performance is ho-hum, but adequate. I haven't loaded it up and attached the trailer yet. Best marks for style, utility and quality.

Favorite Features

Power liftgate; cargo area behind rear seat (enough for a stroller or a few golf bags); ride and handling; 2nd and 3rd row space; camera/park assist; USB and AC outlet.

Suggested Improvements

Nav map is distracting with all the touch buttons around it, have an option to display only the map. Park assist is too aggressive. Offer HID in lower trim models - it's a safety feature. Heated seats should auto- reduce over time. Auto up/down windows should be standard at these prices.

eh not bad
By tom

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

pricey compared to foreign models with all the bells and whisles(4 runner, pilot). little things at $44k, like memory seats, tilt mirrors in reverse, anti hill roll, trailer tow, and navigation. I bought it because I did get good pricing and I liked the look. outward rear visability poor. I traded in a 2003 suburban I averaged 14.2 mpg. I am a shocked,7 model yrs later mpg is only slightly better. It doesn't sound solid when you close the front doors. close the front doors on a honda pilot, wow. I have only 400 miles so far so we'll see if it grows on me.

Favorite Features

onstar for navigation. kids like 2nd row captain chairs. appearance, exterior and interior

Suggested Improvements

mpg, standard equipment, doors sound cheap when they close, rear visability, smoother ride for awd, drove a fwd and it was real smooth.