2010 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
gas mileage is killing me
By acadiastinks on 02/23/10 06:29 AM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a new 2010 GMC acadia. It has 2000 miles on it. I get 10 mpg!!!! The wheels have no free roll. They always feel bound. The tranny down shifts hard and slows the vehicle from rolling. Try coasting at 60 mph and it winds down hard to 50 mph in 4 seconds. It causes you to constantly ride the gas pedal. IT STINKS

LUV THIS CAR!!!
By EAS on 01/29/10 20:32 PM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car after trading in my Honda CRV. I drive 50,000 miles a year for my job. I wanted something that was a bit bigger then the CRV and more comfortable. These Acadia's are sharp! I have only once been able to get 20mpg but it has been so cold out it is hard to get the good mileage so I am waiting for the warm to see what I get. This is really comfortable and I love this car!!! I've noticed that when I put the car in Park out of drive it seems to roll forward a bit far after you take your foot off the break, I just have to get used to that. I have been recommending this car to lots of people.

Love it!
By AZMom on 01/29/10 18:56 PM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Highlander became too small and the Acadia is a great upgrade. I like the lines on the vehicle and it is a very practical people mover. I considered the Enclave but was turned off by too much chrome.

Seriously!!??!!
By cgwmom on 01/15/10 03:56 AM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2010 Acadia bought brand new 12/31/2009 with only 108 miles on it. Exactly 2 weeks from the date of purchase and I watched it leave on a tow truck last night! I picked up school kids and then got a low oil pressure alarm (stop engine) on the display! The alarm would not stop and I pulled over in the nearest parking lot and phoned the dealership! Stranded for 3 hours with 3 small school kids because of my BRAND NEW CAR is not OK! I have wanted this car for over 2 years, and now I dont want it at all. Dealer says it is 'probably just a sensor". Guess what, I dont care if it is a sensor, or a gasket or a loose belt. New car on tow truck = me NOT HAPPY

best car i ever had
By lshah72414 on 01/10/10 17:48 PM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2010 acadia is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Handling is excellent. It is very quiet. I love driving it. My only complaint is I wish I got better than 22 miles per gallon. My previous vehicle was getting 24 mpg.

Liking It
By JD on 01/07/10 09:31 AM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like most everything about this vehicle. The one complaint I would have is the headrest does not adjust as much as I would like, but it is my wife's car. Had a Toyota Highlander LTD. for her which I rarely drove, I thought it looked like a station wagon or a grocery getter not exactly a man's car. Now I drive her's almost any time we go together it has a great look! On a 75 mile trip we had 6 adults riding very comfortably. In the snow it is amazing it just doesn't move off track. Like the interior very much just macho enough. The ride of this vehicle is fantastic. You can see for miles with the headlamps. 3500 miles no complaints yet. MPG ok observed 24 highway but it is big.

Great Crossover
By berne1 on 01/06/10 13:38 PM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Acadia in December, traded in a Yukon Denali. I find this vehicle superior in every way for my usage. It is very quiet inside, smooth and powerful. This is a much more compact package than the Yukon with better MPG, better performance, better ride quality, and on.

The best choice, but not perfect
By JimM on 01/04/10 10:14 AM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When looking for a AWD SUV that can tow a boat, has enough height to get through the snow storms, a nice ride, 7 seats and easy access to the 3rd row, the choices are limited. We need captains chairs in the 2nd row. The traditional truck SUVs have this, but the 3rd row is either too small or doesn't fold flat. I also wasn't interested in getting 12 MPG or a truck-like ride. The only other SUV that compares to the Acadia is the Flex, but it has a small 3rd row, something we could be regretting when traveling with the inlaws. As you can see from my ratings, performance is ho-hum, but adequate. I haven't loaded it up and attached the trailer yet. Best marks for style, utility and quality.

eh not bad
By tom on 12/25/09 18:42 PM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

pricey compared to foreign models with all the bells and whisles(4 runner, pilot). little things at $44k, like memory seats, tilt mirrors in reverse, anti hill roll, trailer tow, and navigation. I bought it because I did get good pricing and I liked the look. outward rear visability poor. I traded in a 2003 suburban I averaged 14.2 mpg. I am a shocked,7 model yrs later mpg is only slightly better. It doesn't sound solid when you close the front doors. close the front doors on a honda pilot, wow. I have only 400 miles so far so we'll see if it grows on me.

Just bought the Acadia
By Kris Rowan on 12/09/09 17:28 PM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to be sure to comment because one reviewer stated the problem with the Acadia rolling backwards while "DRIVE" only occurs in FWD version-- that is INCORRECT-- the Acadia DOES ROLL BACKWARDS WHILE IN "DRIVE" IN THE AWD VERSION, AS WELL-- I know, because I have the AWD and it rolls backwards on a hill while in "DRIVE" (just like a stickshift car) Other than this strange little quirk, I love this car. I test-drove many of it's competitors and kept coming back to the GMC. The very best asset: it's VERY comfortable 3rd-row seating. In my opinion, it is the only SUV that has a comfortable, roomy 3rd-row where you don't feel cramped.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 GMC Acadia in VA is:

$111 per month*