Used 2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Love my Acadia
By Christine

2010 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle in February after my Jeep (which I also loved) finally died. I didn't want another Jeep because they made the cab smaller. I went to look at the Terrain and fell in love with this vehicle. It handles well, looks great and nothing beats it in the snow. We got the AWD. On a day when they should have closed schools due to a storm they didn't. I had to pick up my daughter and was going to have my hubby get her as I really don't like driving in the snow. My Acadia handled beautifully, never went off the road and I felt totally safe. This is the first time I wasn't afraid to drive in the snow and I have owned 6 vehicles. If you have kids and want to be safe,buy one.

AWD safety and it is one tough vehicle. Also like the Satellite radio and Onstar. Gives you even more safety.

None.

Loving it so far!
By Nick

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When looking for a new vehicle for my new wife, we had a few requirements. 3 rows, towing capacity around 5000 lbs, and just good overall design and style. We looked at many different vehicles from all manufacturers, including 2 row suv's early in our search, and decided on the Acadia, and we are glad we did. The ride is incredible, it is very quiet. The fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size powered by a small V6. When driving easy, mileage is very good. When driving aggressively, the mileage can drop quickly, and that's where a lot of people have problems. Visibility is good, unless the rear entertainment screen is down. Sunroofs are awesome. Bose sound could be better.

Bluetooth, usb port (with iPod integration), rear view camera, heated seat, leather 3 rows and all the room that goes with it, dual sunroofs. Very comfortable on long rides. Looks great inside and out. Love the Red Jewel color.

Bose sound is a little lacking, but decent. I'm used to custom built stereos, but its good for my wife. Reference lines on the backup camera would be nice like on the Mazda CX9. Power sunroof shades. Blind spot mirrors. A few other small things. And fuel economy is good, but can always be better.

The best
By Jonesy

2010 GMC Acadia SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is the best in its class. The power, handling, and comfort are top notch for such a large vehicle. I always get 20 mpg for mixed driving, and as high as 22+ for highway. Has anyone owned a vehicle that gets its rated MPG or better? Don't bother with the stupid reviews that people don't like it for access; didn't they try it at the dealer? If it hasn't been reliable, take it out on the dealer that's supposed to be fixing it. GM has the best buy back program around. Some people just like to complain. This is one of the most solid, best performing vehicles on the road, and it deserves a good long look.

Power, handling, roominess, comfort. Can haul anything, even the kids back to college; and look good in the process.

GM hit a home run when they outfit this vehicle. Good balance of amenities.

6 month progress report
By Kevin

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the interior and exterior design. Plenty of room for 6 adults on long road trips. Can fit 8 people on moderate length trips. Smooth ride w/very good handling on twisty roads. Lots of creature comforts. Very quiet interior. Needed easy access 3rd row with room for adults, so no Q7, MDX, X5, Highlander, CX9, XC90, Touareg, Tribeca, RX350 Came down to the Acadia and Pilot Honda Pilot's handling was less precise, had more body roll, and much more road noise. Access to third row was more difficult in the Pilot as tested by my 70+ yr old dad. Mileage, Best: 21.5 mpg(hilly highway driving) Worst:16 mpg (mostly city) 7k miles, only issue has been with cord to get the middle seat to lie flat.

Exceptionally quiet ride Comfortable interior Easy to use flat folding rear seats Easy access 3rd row Automatic tailgate iPod integration Rear view camera/proximity sensor combo Sunroof sunshades Remote start & tailgate Darker tinted rear windows compared to Pilot Usable space behind 3rd row

Camera display has been a little flaky iPod connection has been flaky, fixed by reconnecting Add a Instantaneous gas mileage feature Car rolls a little when in park on a hill, non-issue when using the e-brake Infrequently, car is slow to shift, but can be addressed using manual mode

Access
By Access

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Experience has not been good. Gas mileage is low. About 5-7 mpg less than bragged about. Dealer said that it is within range. Other brands have not lied as much as GM has. I drive for mileage, all it does is get worse. Access for one who runs around with disabled veterans plates is terrible. I would not recommend the Acadia to anyone who is disabled. God help us if this is considered to be a good product.

The only positive is that it is roomy.

Power, gas mileage, better fit and finish, too many small buttons, dead zones for Nav traffic, and general poor access handles for disabled to help them get in and out of vehicle. I will look for something other than GM in a couple of years.