2010 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
Biggest car mistake of my life!
By skippy99 on 03/07/14 20:34 PM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 Acadia for my wife. It had 56,000 miles on it when purchased. Could have bought a Mercedes SUV for the price. The problems I've had with it have been unbelievable! Windshield leak damaged radio and A/C fan (window apparently always leaked), Power steering failed TWICE in 10k mi. $1600 to replace a power steering pump! A/C failed due to hose rubbing against chassis. Transmission shift issues. Brake issues. It gets 14 MPG (same as my old 6.0 liter Yukon XL), you need a mirror to see the fuses, and in order to replace a headlight bulb, you need to remove the inner fender (wheel well) skirt! Awful, Awful engineering design. Don't do it! Seriously, don't!

GMC Dealer near richmond VA
By unhappyperson on 08/31/12 23:50 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I do love my Acadia however just recently I had to move to Guam (military). Before I left I called my dealer & asked if my Acadias extended warranty was going to be good. They said yes & have a safe move. Since then my acadia has been having powersteering issues. I called the dealer & they didn't even bother calling the company to see if they would honor the warranty even though guam is a us territory. They haven't called me to see if they could do anything. Basically they took my extended warranty & ran with it. Now I'm going to have to pay out of pocket because GM hasn't come out with a recall even though lots of customers have been having the same issue. I won't purchase another GMC

No longer impressed
By memery0913 on 07/28/12 16:45 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Initially issues started out as minimal: back up camera malfunctioned. On day scheduled to be replaced sat in the waiting room for two hours to be told didnt have part; paint on hood started bubbling up b/c of rust. Fixed it no problem/complaint; Issue with brakes, waited over two hours (with infant) to be told they had to keep it; Service airbag light has been on 2x in last month. On 2nd attempt ordered part, but didn’t tell me without being questioned. At 35979 had full service check and told car was in full working order. At 36102 car seems to continue to run after key is out of ignition.

Constant Problems
By gbread on 03/26/12 07:53 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unfortunately, one week after purchasing my GMC Acadia SLTII, one of the tires blew out and had to be replaced. It has gotten no better. This car gets the worse gas mileage of any vehicle I have ever owned. It gets less than 14 mpg, and is costing me an arm and a leg. The transmission constantly slips, and it has been in the shop for a broken water pump, non-cooling air conditioner and problems with the DVD player. The dealer has been very helpful upon each instance, however, I am sure they are getting tired of having to get me rental cars regularly since the car, still under warranty, is in the shop all of the time. I can't wait to get rid of this car, and will never buy GMC again.

Extremely Concerned Customer
By jaeh1984 on 07/28/11 10:59 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Acadia in August of 2009. It has 30,000 miles on it. It has never been wrecked. It is currently sitting in the shop for transmission repairs. I would appreciate it if someone could contact me about my car. I am beyond upset about my "new" car needing such serious repairs.

trans &gas milage
By ralph59 on 07/17/11 07:19 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i only get 13mpg around town,not like gmc says 21mpg on highway. with towing package and running empty the transmission down shift as soon as you take your foot the gas peddle.

Beats a Cadalliac SRX Hands Down
By drjoseph on 01/22/11 07:57 AM (PST)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned two Acadias now. A 2008 and a 2010. The 2008 was nice but I did not like the drive train. The 2010 is flat out amazing in terms of being in the right gear under stressful conditions. In a word, the vehicle is snappy. My wife and I absolutely love it. I recently drove an AWD Cadalliac SRX for a week in Michigan and while it was nice, the drive train was like my 2008 Acadia... slow to respond to throttle inputs. Really frustrating when you are in a SITUATION that requires immediate attention. Our 2010 Acadia would smoke the 2010 SRX in drivability tests. Our MPG is 18-20 depending on our driving mix. We've had it for 6 months.

Love my Acadia
By Christine on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle in February after my Jeep (which I also loved) finally died. I didn't want another Jeep because they made the cab smaller. I went to look at the Terrain and fell in love with this vehicle. It handles well, looks great and nothing beats it in the snow. We got the AWD. On a day when they should have closed schools due to a storm they didn't. I had to pick up my daughter and was going to have my hubby get her as I really don't like driving in the snow. My Acadia handled beautifully, never went off the road and I felt totally safe. This is the first time I wasn't afraid to drive in the snow and I have owned 6 vehicles. If you have kids and want to be safe,buy one.

Loving it so far!
By Nick on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When looking for a new vehicle for my new wife, we had a few requirements. 3 rows, towing capacity around 5000 lbs, and just good overall design and style. We looked at many different vehicles from all manufacturers, including 2 row suv's early in our search, and decided on the Acadia, and we are glad we did. The ride is incredible, it is very quiet. The fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size powered by a small V6. When driving easy, mileage is very good. When driving aggressively, the mileage can drop quickly, and that's where a lot of people have problems. Visibility is good, unless the rear entertainment screen is down. Sunroofs are awesome. Bose sound could be better.

The best
By Jonesy on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Acadia SUV SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is the best in its class. The power, handling, and comfort are top notch for such a large vehicle. I always get 20 mpg for mixed driving, and as high as 22+ for highway. Has anyone owned a vehicle that gets its rated MPG or better? Don't bother with the stupid reviews that people don't like it for access; didn't they try it at the dealer? If it hasn't been reliable, take it out on the dealer that's supposed to be fixing it. GM has the best buy back program around. Some people just like to complain. This is one of the most solid, best performing vehicles on the road, and it deserves a good long look.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 GMC Acadia Suv in VA is:

$115 per month*