Used 2009 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Poor Overall Vehicle
By Joe

2009 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Everything....My Vehicle has 129k for 7 years old. Based on our driving it should easily have 200k. That's how long we were out Vehicle. good thing for warranty...within the for 6 months at dealer, etc. list of items wrong. steering, fuel injectors, engine lights, sensors, and now timing chain.

Nothing but transmission problems & noises
By Kasey Fiorella

2009 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but issues with the transmission in my 2009 Acadia since I bought it. When the recall came out I had an issue with my transmission regarding some of the issues in included with the 3-5-R Waveplate recall but not all of them. I am now at 126k miles and GMC will do nothing to help me. I have talked to multiple people and the one person who gave her extension and said she would help, I cannot reach. What do I do? It is going to cost $3,000 to rebuild the transmission and my husbands truck is about to kick the bucket. My husband has a 2008 GMC avalanche and it has 315k miles on it!! Amazing truck. I am currently rethinking whether or not we will be spending any more money with GMC. Why put a deadline on a faulty item in a vehicle. If it's bad it's bad!! I think the service departments at the dealerships are told to make people happy but don't work too hard towards assisting them with warranty issues, this will take too much time. Get this, while my vehicle was in the shop for the hundredth time someone from the dealership called and offered me $6k for my car because the manager told him to. Are you joking?!! GM really needs to step up on this one or Toyota will be getting my husbands business and my daughters next year.

Piece of junk
By Rebecca donahue

2009 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 3 years,that's 2 1/2 years to long. If you have kids do not purchase this vehicle. It WILL leave you setting along the road a lot. It has left me setting for the last time,once it's fixed it will find a new home. Have had the timing chain replaced, coil packs go bad all the time,and the last breakdown I have no idea what it is yet. Millionaires vehicle!!! You have to be a millionaire to keep up with the break downs. I would not recommend anyone getting one. I will never own another 3.6 engine vehicle!

Like a Toddler - This car needs constant attention
By Tiffany

2009 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In 2014 we bought a 2009 with 60,000 miles. It was a one owner vehicle with low miles. Nearing a year later and not even putting 10,000 miles on it we have had to have continuous repairs done. Luckily we purchased the extended warranty offered thru the bank. The navigation went out. The front day running light burned out. The lift gate stopped working. Replaced the entire exhaust system. Replaced the Rack and Pinion, tie rods, steering hose, front and rear brakes. I am now hearing a vibrating rattle noise and just noticed that the rear heat does not work and blows cold air. Overall the car blows!

Do not buy this car!
By Scott M. Combs

2009 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of electronic and mechanical issues. Many trips to the dealer. Rack and pinion went out $2200, 3 fuel injectors $1800, struts $400, lots of electrical sensors and mystery check engine issues. Would not buy another GMC!