Would not buy this car again
By kshannon on
2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
There are obvious defects with the 2008 Acadia. The steering, transmission and airbag issues need to be corrected by GMC. They need to honor promises of delivering good cars, which they have not done here.
Favorite Features
Interior is the most appealing aspect of this car!
Suggested Improvements
Recall the transmission for sure!!!!
By sthrnbelle7
on 05/08/14 12:29 PM (PDT)

I am having major issues with my Acadia. The stabilitrac/traction control light comes on and when it does it loses power. I am driving down the road at about 55-60 and it locks up like I have slammed on my brakes. Has anyone else had this problem?

By cupcakes2275
on 04/11/14 11:30 AM (PDT)

Can I get another Amen to that! My GMC 2008 Acadia; this month makes 1 year since I've had this vehicle. And its now in the shop. Car shutters when ignition is turned on. Then I could not get the key out of the ignition. Oh, get this; when i turned the car off and key was in the "off" position, the car was still RUNNING!! Whenever it rains water gushes out from the top of the windshield on the inside. I could not believe it. Only had it for 1 year to the day. The dealership now says the battery was dead and want to charge me $200. to get another battery! Yeah right! keep waiting. It sounds like the transmission is shot! And I was advised to tank this car and get something else. Its not worth it. I have read alot of reviews from different websites and was amazed at the number of bad reviews this vehicle has on top of the recalls. And seeing how GMC is not and will not honor to fix any of these problems. Well, you know I really enjoyed driving this car when I bought it. I am handicapped and the Acadia suited me fine. I loved everything about the car. But now you can forget about me buying another GMC vehicle. I will NEVER, NEVER, recommend GMC to anyone. If GMC ever expects to keep customers, some loyal; they need to step up on their commitments to everyone and have these vehicles taken off the assembly lines, and the roads. Either fix them all at no cost to the consumers who have spent their well earned money and relied on these cars. Own up to their mistakes and APOLOGIZE to everyone for their shoddy workmanship. Oh and by the way, a good friend of mine who works at a dealership told me that most of these car manufacturers already know about problems on their vehicles before they are even shipped out. He said that some of the vehicles that came into the dealership fresh from the assembly lines broke down after it was unloaded at the dealership. It happens all the time. And the dealer would just overlook the problem and still sell the vehicle. By the time a problem comes up the dealer either tells the consumer, "oh, its not our problem. You have to contact the manufacturer, nothing we can do." Then if they "try" to help, they want to charge the customer their last rites plus attorney fees to get it fixed. Wow! And how is your day going?