2008 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: I will never buy a GM again

2008 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

I will never buy a GM again
By elh512 on

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 GMC Acadia brand new. I have serviced my vehicle at the GMC dealership by the book. I always take it in for service when it is needed and always complete any service or repair the dealership has suggested. I have ONLY 58,000 miles on my vehicle and my 3-5-Reverse wave plate broke (which is a $10 part) and now the dealership is telling me I need a whole new transmission and it is going to cost me $4,000. It took the dealership 3 days to even look at my vehicle. I have researched this issue online to find out that a large number of other 2008 GMC Acadia owners have experienced this exact same problem and GM is doing nothing about it. I will NEVER buy another GM vehicle.
By averagejoe6
on 11/11/14 06:45 AM (PST)

I fully agree with elh512. We have a 2008 GM Acadia that we bought brand new. It has 77,000 miles and we need a new transmission at a cost of $5,000!! We have researched this year and there are LOTS of complaints about the 3-5-Reverse wave plate failure in 2007-2008 Acadias. However, when you talk to GM they seem to be unaware of this problem. Even the Consumer Reports(issue April 2013) states the problem. We are very unhappy with GM customer service, dealership and the car. Will never buy another GM!