2008 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: ONCE A DREAM CAR, NOW A NIGHTM

2008 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

ONCE A DREAM CAR, NOW A NIGHTMARE!!!
By asheywashey on

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I always wanted this car and finally bought it and now absolutely hate it!!! The service air bag light stays on and there was a recall and still not fixed:( we got a DVD player installed and it will only play 2 movies due to the wiring, it has stalled on us because it was on a tilt and it had about a 1/4 tank gas and so it wouldnt start, plus it already needed a computer upgrade, the same time the back hatch sensor was broken so we couldnt open the hatch, the plastic falls off of the doors, the back seat, even on the outside of the roof its slipping off. We baby this car and it still has tons of issues. It doesnt get up and go when pushing on the gas, and if you go fast it shakes everything.

Style

Quality, value..way overpriced for something with SO many problems!!!
By stella03
on 04/24/12 12:58 PM (PDT)

As soon as I read your title I thought wait a second did I write that?!?! The Acadia was my dream car and when I traded my Honda Accord for one in 2008 I was so excited, then it went downhill. I love the roomy interior and the looks of the vehicle, but that was it! When I would start it after I had it for a few mths. the exhaust fumes were overwhelming, I never figured out what caused that, the stabilitrak light came on all the time and showed a message to service stabilitrak, which then caused my braking to be wierd. Always went out on it's own, dealer could never find the problem. Stalled on me once at an intersection like I was driving a stick and forgot to shift. People would always ask me how I liked it and I said lets put it this way I'm glad we are just dating and not married. I leased inst. of buying!! Glad to say it's no longer a part of my life:)