Used 2008 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Gmc Acadia - Consumer Reviews

2008 GMC Acadia

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

excellent car
By ranson2

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i used this car for almost one and a half year< awsom car, powerfull and no problems, no leaks, just change oil and go. i advice every one who is entended to get a car to buy SLT acadia AWD.

Time for another Acadia- Maybe
By lakedean

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Acadia however I must say that this Vehicle has had more problems than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Headlight $500 New Transmission $3,500 New Odometer $500 sqeeking noise in dashboard. We also Own 2 Buick Enclaves. Just bought my wife a 2012 Buick in March. I'm waiting for the 2013 GMC Acadia's to come out but I worried about any problems with new models and the fact that my current SUV cost soooooo much in repairs. What to do????? I would love to hear back from GMC customer relations.

2008 & 2009 GMC ACadia owner
By taram1

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In regards to owning a 2008. The hour I bought it the rear window button was messed up. 2 weeks later the air conditioning went out. 3 months later the power steering gear box shaved part on the actual gears and I lost all power to the steering. At the time I was 6 months pregnant and I was scared to drive it. The owner CEO of GMC should remember my letter unless the staff signed it for him. Then within the next 7 months the power steering was reached a total of 3 times. I traded it in the dealer I bought it from for a '09' model.After owning this for 1 year and a half at about 55,465 miles same for the 08, now battery issues and it needed a new alternator. 800.00. I just bought a VolvoXC90

Favorite Features

I really thought the layout of the interior was awesome! Now if they could get what's under the hood right this sub would serve its American purpose.

Suggested Improvements

Let's go back to the beginning when General Motors had a spine and stood behind the customer...they would make it right and not tell me...make the vehicle was sold to the dealer it is not our car anymore we are so sorry can we give you free oil changes for 46,000 miles? NO

Soooo many problems
By lori43

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used Dec 2010, luckily it had a certified warranty. I love it, when everything is working. The sunroof leaked & was resealed, the navagation/radio display had to be replaced, the transmission dissassembled and 17 parts replaced, parking brake switch replaced, seatbelts installed incorrectly fixed, steering gear replaced, swaybar links replaced. Now the A/C only works (sometimes) on driver's side, blows hot on passenger and rear. Over $1400 to fix (replace evaporator core). All of this in a year & a half. Seriously considering taking a loss and trading it in. I simply can't afford the constant repairs.

Favorite Features

body style, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

I don't even know where to begin...

2008 GMC Acadia Transmission - Again!
By jjthk

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The freshly rebuilt transmission in our Acadia just letgo on us again, leaving stranded for the second time. It was jus rebuilt last Nov (yes, Thanksgiving trip....), so after 6 months it died again. It was REBUILT because GM refused to approve a new unit to be installed, even after being recommended by the dealership. This car has had many problems and only has 64,000 miles. I will be trading this as soon as the latest transmission issue is fixed. No more GM for me. Paid lots of money for a big (certified pre-owned) lemon!

Favorite Features

Styling of the vehicle is great.

Suggested Improvements

Don't release a new design until it's really ready! The drivetrain and it's components clearly have lot's of reliability issues!!