2008 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews 5

2008 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
Better then I excepted
By Steve Johnson on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a used 2008 SLT 2 AWD with every option on it for 29 K the vehicle had 37000 miles on it. Ater reading the reviews I was worried about the automatic transmission and water leakage so I had the dealer pull up a car fax and all the GMC service records, all recalls were taken care and only oil change and tire rotation in the service records. The vehicle runs great, good ride and the styling is awesome, I got a 5 year 100,000 bumper to bumper on it because of all the bells and whistles. After a month no complaints, a great GMC product.

piece o poo
By nomoGM's! on 08/31/10 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle brand new, 2 yrs ago w/15 miles on it! Have been diligent w/maintanence. All I can say is thank God for the warranty right now. We have had to have the rack and pinion replaced, transmission gasket replaced, strut bars replaced. also, found out to replace a head lamp bulb will cost $300! They need to remove the entire front end to get to the lamps! the car is beautiful, drives wonderfully (when not in shop), but the very second I can sell it and not lose our butts, I am doing so. I only have 30,000 miles on it now. What a piece of you know what. NEVER will buy ANYTHING from GM, Dodge or Chrysler again. NEVER! Run away from it, fast!

Happy Acadia Owner
By Orlando Resident on 08/29/10 08:25 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm surprised at the problems others have experienced. We have had our Acadia for 2 years and 36,000 miles with no problems (fingers crossed). I love everything about the vehicle to include the look, feel, handling, interior room and features. We have taken 3 trips to the midwest and will soon take our 4th trip. The ride is comfortable and the kids love it! We have a 2 and 4 year old so we bought the model with captain chairs so that we can access the back seat easily. On occasion we have 6 passengers in the car, 4 adults/2 children, and have no complaints. We bought the vehcile for these reasons and because of its safety rating. If reliability isn't a future issue we will buy another.

Great Choice
By JimM on 08/07/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Acadia for just over 2 year and have enjoyed it. Get as much as 26 MPG if I drive at speed limit and at my normal 75 get 22. Very comfortable on road, DVD, sun roofs, navigation are all well used. Recommend the Acadia

Still loving it after 2 1/2 years
By Gagirl on 08/06/10 14:17 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am a mom of two and I have owned my Acadia for 3 years this December and I still absolutely love it. Handles well, has plenty of room for thing and people, smooth ride, interior is very comfortable. This is a beautiful car and I always get compliments on it. My friends repeatedly tell me how much they enjoy riding in it.

Interior is going wrong!
By GMC OWNER on 07/04/10 18:40 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the acadia over 2 years. I love it! Well recently I've had some problems with the interior. The hydraulic arms to the back door have also gone bad. The larger seat in the middle passenger row won't move. The seat belts in the back are not comfortable (latches), they don't give at all. Good if you are tiny and can fit between them. I'm just disappointed in the problems going wrong right now. Sunglass compartment on dash also sticks. Nothing mechanical (cross your fingers). Wish the tires were a normal size so they didn't cost so much to replace! Love the car though!

Would Buy Another One
By Naples on 06/22/10 17:20 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Could not be happier. Bought 2 years ago and four trips to Florida each year - 4,800 miles a year. Fabulous road car - very comfortable ride, plenty of interior space and feel very safe. Somewhat sluggish when pulling away from dead stop but just give it more gas. Absolutely no mechanical problems in two years - great quality.

Must Get Rid Of
By KeithGP on 06/17/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I hate to do bad reviews about this GMC vehicle that I own since I have had 2 GMC vehicles before this that were absolutely wonderful, but I must finally give it what GM deserves. My experience with my Acadia has been horrible. There is always something wrong with it and now everything that seems to be wrong with it is NOT covered by the powertrain warranty. I would like a powertrain warranty that kept the vehicle running at least and GM's does not. I have had my vehicle in the shop at least 8-9 times since buying it brand new. It has soured my taste for GM so much that I do not know if I will buy another. I am going to research the newer models to see if there are the same complaints!

Matters Get Worse
By Bad Luck on 05/17/10 10:09 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I came on this site to see the reviews from other Acadia owners. We've owned our Acadia for a little over two years and I estimate that the local Dealer has had our vehicle for about 10% of that time. We have had both front struts replaced, power steering unit repaired, master brake cylinder replaced, computer work done, water pump problem, and now we are waiting to have our transmision replaced. The dealer ship has been very good about repairs, but they didn't build the vehicle. If you are considering the purchase of an GMC Acadia I suggest you walk away. General Motors should have recalled these vehicles due to all of the power train problems.

So many Problems
By wits end in NC on 05/16/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 9 mths from purchase head gaskets replaced.Still making noise,they claimed one of the gaskets was bad and had to be replaced again.Now making a different noise. Steering struts, mounts,upper bearings/mount,all damaged and replaced.In Nov08 the drivers side wiper blew off.We moved to OBX aug 09, so using dif service dept. Wiper replaced due to being wrong size, head light blew. A/C stopped working.Discovered line had been cut when engine work was done,had radiator clamp holding it together. Part is on back order. They have no idea when it will be in. They claim they can't make just 1.GM cust service is involved but doing nothing.Don't know what to do from here.