2008 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
Frustrated with My Acadia
By dfoster22 on 08/30/12 09:44 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I want to love my Acadia but have grown extremely frustrated with it. The overall comfort in driving my Acadia has been great but I have run into several maintenance issues which just show a lack of quality in the vehicle. These issues include: water leaks (have caused issues with the front blower motor and various sensors), blown rear strut, power steering pump and gear, tailgate motor and supports, two bad batteries, master cylinder (breaks), blown headlamps, and rear window spray hose. There have been three recalls: heated windshield washer, passenger airbag sensor, and headlamps. Many of these issues occurred within first two years of ownership. Has been a maintenance headache.

GMC Acadia Junkmobile
By bubb007 on 10/31/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Struts replaced X2 , tranny X2, brakes and rotors replaced X2, rear seat adjustment is horrible, original tires garbage. GMC engineers trying to figure out why airbag/seatbelt lights stay on all the time...can't assure me that the airbags will work correctly. Worst vehicle ever owned...in fact, I've had $100 cars when I was a kid that were better quality and more dependable that this pile of scrap metal. Have 5 months left on my "Stupid Buy" and am certainly returning this vehicle (since GMC won't do anything to buy me out. They spent more money on transmission and struts that they would have to buy me out! Wouldn't buy another even if offered for the $100...like my cars of 30 years ago!

Very Disappointed
By maysdmm on 09/22/11 16:38 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had numerous problems with this car. Water pump, brakes, stabilitrak system, computer, gasket problems. I use to get 17 MPG in the city, now it has dropped to 13 MPG. Thankfully all of these are covered under the warranty. Love the style and design, but the reliability is pathetic.

Have to get rid of
By sue on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Bad: Repeated water leaks. Headliner removed numerous times, carpet replaced. Rubber boots that hold the wires between the door and the vehicle are full of water. This i would not have noticed had it not froze and made noise while opening door. This will fill up repeatedly even after being emptied. Sometimes won't start without a jump. Battery is not the problem. Front struts had to be replaced at 37,000 mi. Noise in steering column. Ice builds up on windshield while driving in snow or sleet.No longer under warranty so i am going to get rid of car.Can not trust to be a reliable vehicle especially with the water issues we have.

Great Choice
By JimM on 08/07/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Acadia for just over 2 year and have enjoyed it. Get as much as 26 MPG if I drive at speed limit and at my normal 75 get 22. Very comfortable on road, DVD, sun roofs, navigation are all well used. Recommend the Acadia

Must Get Rid Of
By KeithGP on 06/17/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I hate to do bad reviews about this GMC vehicle that I own since I have had 2 GMC vehicles before this that were absolutely wonderful, but I must finally give it what GM deserves. My experience with my Acadia has been horrible. There is always something wrong with it and now everything that seems to be wrong with it is NOT covered by the powertrain warranty. I would like a powertrain warranty that kept the vehicle running at least and GM's does not. I have had my vehicle in the shop at least 8-9 times since buying it brand new. It has soured my taste for GM so much that I do not know if I will buy another. I am going to research the newer models to see if there are the same complaints!

Run away from
By DAVIS on 02/26/10 08:52 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My acadia has been in the shop numerous times. Twice for leaking sun roof- dealership says (twice) it fixed will be ok- who designs a car that has water coming into your sunroof? Lift gate supports at (30K miles, road Miles) malfunctioned and when it fell it almost hit my 3 yo grandbaby, would have hurt her badly or worse. The rattle in dashboard has never been fixed. Now of the worse the steering gear had to be replaced at 45k miles. At 924.46.... Never in all of my vehicles have i had such a lemon.... i quote from another "DO NOT buy this vehicle. I love the look- I love the performance, but it is not worth the frustrations" buy something othere than GMC

leaking sunroof
By Bluechip on 02/24/10 12:55 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car in February 2007, we were in a drought no rain, then we had a heavy rain. We got inside the car and my floorboard was standing in water, the headliner was wet and water was pouring out of the airbag sign, I called the dealership, they told me I had left sunroof open which I never use. By the time I took it in to the dealership a few days later, they had other vehicles with same problem they fixed it in minutes no more problems with that. I think there might be a recall on the roof. Gas mileage poor, and now the driver side window doesn't always work. Very disappointed in the car, not the car we thought we were getting. I think GM needed a 6 cylinder suv and this was it

Look elsewhere
By joe d on 12/25/09 00:04 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A total piece of JUNK.Get on the hwy,step on the gas,no response.Transmission stinks.Back up warning system,rapid beeping when one inch from object.Not enough time for warning,might as well run over object.Warning light too high,can't see them.All buttons in dashboard area,too small, too many and too confusing.Radio hard too figure out how to use.Windshield wipers a dial,hard to find and operate.Foreign cars have a lever,for wiper,to operate,push up,push down,easy to find easy to use.Worst feature,engine response terrible.DO NOT BUY THIS CAR.

Works Great for Us.
By bgfred on 09/03/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have now driven our 2008 Acadia more than 30,000 miles. This is by far the best road-trip vehicle we've ever owned, and we have been delighted with its performance and comfort under a wide variety of conditions. Labors a bit with heavy trailers, but handles very well when towing. No repair issues aside from transmission reprogramming to improve shifting responsiveness, which resolved issue. Gas mileage had been pretty good for vehicle of this size, but is VERY sensitive to driving style (highway range from 11mpg towing heavy trailer to 23mpg with moderate load/high speed). Find controls and switches to be laid out very intuitively, seats flip/fold very easily. Would buy again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 GMC Acadia Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*