Used 2008 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Gmc Acadia - Consumer Reviews

2008 GMC Acadia

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Never expected this from General Motors
By chris2314

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Acadia brand new and was very pleased, until the transmission went out, the roof started leaking, head lights malfunctioned, etc. The vehicle is not worth the price you pay, and GM WILL NOT stick behind their product. Every attempt was made to void any warranty work on my transmission, and the process is still continuing today. Rebuilt transmission has been in for 16 months and is failing again. No assistance from GM. I am being told it is my fault the transmission is going out. I have been a proud GM owner as long as I have had cars, but the service and support from GM has changed that. I will never own another GM product.

Suggested Improvements

Stand behind your work. People work too hard to make the money to buy your cars and when you refuse to offer any assistance, it is just another slap in the face. Who wants to own a $35k vehicle that you cant drive due to a busted transmission? Who really wants to spend 6-7k to fix a problem that is very well known and documented? Very dissatisfied with the whole customer service experience.

Scared to own the Acadia anymore !
By envoyment

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Got abt 60K on my Acadia 2008, then I sold. During ownership, I liked Acadia, and so did my family, space, comfort, features were irresistible.Never the less, my family did not know how much care and scare this vehicle consumes.It started with sunroof leak, no good fix at the dealer. strange messages like (Check gauges) when hit parking brakes or open glove box! (Service traction) for unknown reason. Engine mounts & front suspension can go easily and quickly on slightly rough roads, I heard many complaints from Acadia owners & seen many on the repair shops but when trany started to hunt for gears on cruze control & AC started to consume more power. I gave up and sold it

Favorite Features

Third row seats is the best in market, Adult friendly and completely hidden when inclined.. Nice ride (When front suspension parts and engine mounts are new) Good entertainment for the passengers Nice Look

Suggested Improvements

Never enjoyed the rainy days during my ownership period... How can a 21st century car leak water from the roof?? Engine will not start on inclines! so driver need to take care when and where he should park! Materials used inside look cheap and hard Acadia feels poor when you shut any door, like 70s cars Steering makes grinding noise, no matter how many times the dealer claims he fixed it AC comp puts too much load on the engine, you feel you are getting a little power when you turn AC on NAV is rubbish

I will never buy a GM again
By elh512

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 GMC Acadia brand new. I have serviced my vehicle at the GMC dealership by the book. I always take it in for service when it is needed and always complete any service or repair the dealership has suggested. I have ONLY 58,000 miles on my vehicle and my 3-5-Reverse wave plate broke (which is a $10 part) and now the dealership is telling me I need a whole new transmission and it is going to cost me $4,000. It took the dealership 3 days to even look at my vehicle. I have researched this issue online to find out that a large number of other 2008 GMC Acadia owners have experienced this exact same problem and GM is doing nothing about it. I will NEVER buy another GM vehicle.

Had to give it up
By 2practical

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased it used as a family car in 2011. Loved it. The look, it's features. It fit my family of six well. I have performed all routine maintenance. But after a little less than three years of ownership and over a dozen trips to the dealership for repairs not under warranty and thousands of dollars spent and four major repairs in a matter of two months this year, could not justify keeping it and loosing another dime. It's a shame. It's like a good looking person with an ugly attitude. Who wants that?! I will never own a GMC vehicle ever again.

Favorite Features

Onstar, DVD player, remote start, heated seats, memory seats, navigation system, and backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

GMC! A body is no good without working parts!

Never again
By marco32

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm sorry to say the 2008 Acadia will be my last GMC. I now have 90,000 miles on the car and have taken extremely good care of it. AC problems, transmission problems, daylight headlamp problems, NAV problems are just a few of the continuing problems with this car. I don't trust the car anymore to get me out of town as it has broke down twice and had to be towed. When you get a warning light on this car you had better be close to a GMC dealer because it will just quit in the middle of the street. Last week I received a recall notice from my GMC dealer. I just check GM's website and they say NO recall on my car. That's how messed up they are. Very sad.

Suggested Improvements

GM, start standing behind your products.