Used 2008 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

honeymoon is over
By xoxomyass

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is crap, I bought this car less than 6 months ago. I loved it and the space, features, look, feel etc. The car lot I got it from in st peters, missouri are crooks!! Ok so the engine blew all 4 pistons. I took it to a shop to get the engine repaired (4800.00) when they finally found a good engine which was not easy to do they ran diagnostic, there was a very very long list of code errors from the tranny. They said a bunch of wires had been cut underneath it and the transmission transfer case was cracked (600.00) This was the 4th acadia they had to replace a engine in the last month. It still runs like crap, cant wait to get rid of it like a bad boyfriend. DO NOT BUY GMC I NEVER WILL!

the inside is nice looking

EVERYTHING!! gmc is dead wrong they need to refund people for these crap cars and discontinue the model.

Never expected this from General Motors
By chris2314

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Acadia brand new and was very pleased, until the transmission went out, the roof started leaking, head lights malfunctioned, etc. The vehicle is not worth the price you pay, and GM WILL NOT stick behind their product. Every attempt was made to void any warranty work on my transmission, and the process is still continuing today. Rebuilt transmission has been in for 16 months and is failing again. No assistance from GM. I am being told it is my fault the transmission is going out. I have been a proud GM owner as long as I have had cars, but the service and support from GM has changed that. I will never own another GM product.

Stand behind your work. People work too hard to make the money to buy your cars and when you refuse to offer any assistance, it is just another slap in the face. Who wants to own a $35k vehicle that you cant drive due to a busted transmission? Who really wants to spend 6-7k to fix a problem that is very well known and documented? Very dissatisfied with the whole customer service experience.

Scared to own the Acadia anymore !
By envoyment

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Got abt 60K on my Acadia 2008, then I sold. During ownership, I liked Acadia, and so did my family, space, comfort, features were irresistible.Never the less, my family did not know how much care and scare this vehicle consumes.It started with sunroof leak, no good fix at the dealer. strange messages like (Check gauges) when hit parking brakes or open glove box! (Service traction) for unknown reason. Engine mounts & front suspension can go easily and quickly on slightly rough roads, I heard many complaints from Acadia owners & seen many on the repair shops but when trany started to hunt for gears on cruze control & AC started to consume more power. I gave up and sold it

Third row seats is the best in market, Adult friendly and completely hidden when inclined.. Nice ride (When front suspension parts and engine mounts are new) Good entertainment for the passengers Nice Look

Never enjoyed the rainy days during my ownership period... How can a 21st century car leak water from the roof?? Engine will not start on inclines! so driver need to take care when and where he should park! Materials used inside look cheap and hard Acadia feels poor when you shut any door, like 70s cars Steering makes grinding noise, no matter how many times the dealer claims he fixed it AC comp puts too much load on the engine, you feel you are getting a little power when you turn AC on NAV is rubbish

I will never buy a GM again
By elh512

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 GMC Acadia brand new. I have serviced my vehicle at the GMC dealership by the book. I always take it in for service when it is needed and always complete any service or repair the dealership has suggested. I have ONLY 58,000 miles on my vehicle and my 3-5-Reverse wave plate broke (which is a $10 part) and now the dealership is telling me I need a whole new transmission and it is going to cost me $4,000. It took the dealership 3 days to even look at my vehicle. I have researched this issue online to find out that a large number of other 2008 GMC Acadia owners have experienced this exact same problem and GM is doing nothing about it. I will NEVER buy another GM vehicle.

Had to give it up
By 2practical

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased it used as a family car in 2011. Loved it. The look, it's features. It fit my family of six well. I have performed all routine maintenance. But after a little less than three years of ownership and over a dozen trips to the dealership for repairs not under warranty and thousands of dollars spent and four major repairs in a matter of two months this year, could not justify keeping it and loosing another dime. It's a shame. It's like a good looking person with an ugly attitude. Who wants that?! I will never own a GMC vehicle ever again.

Onstar, DVD player, remote start, heated seats, memory seats, navigation system, and backup camera.

GMC! A body is no good without working parts!