2007 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: Very Unreliable

2007 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Very Unreliable
By nothappywithgm on

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 2010 with 24,000 miles and loved the way it looked and drove. It was my dream car. NOW, I do not like it. Has been in the shop multiple times--timing chain snapped around 60,000 miles, water-pump went out, front headlamps went. After getting that fixed, at 80,000 miles the transmission went out (took 2 months for a replacement due to National backorder). The day after getting it home, the front struts are going, the battery is dead. It seems to be one thing after another. I can't feel comfortable driving anymore because I worried about what's coming next. GM will not help because it is out of 5year warranty, but less than 100,000 miles.
By sherry0306
on 09/17/13 05:10 AM (PDT)

Im un the same boat. Mine broke down last week with only 47k trannsmission went out and its not under warrenty .. im so sick over it

By stlanna
on 07/30/13 18:59 PM (PDT)

I had a very similar experience with my 2007 Acadia. My transmission failed at 59,000 miles 6 years. Along with many other issues. I had a 5 yr 100K warrenty but the $4,400 charge was not covered at all. I wrote to GM Customer Service to ask for partial help in paying for the repair since it is absolutely ridiculous to have a total transmission failure at this low mileage. I can't believe GM won't stand behind their products. I am so disappointed, frustrated, and mad that this American made car is such poor quality. I wanted to support the American Car companies by buying American - and this is what I get. I now learned my lesson and won't consider buying GM ever again. It is ashame and embarrasing as an American to have this experience. I wish GM would fix their quality issues or stand by their products. I am interested in connecting with others that had this similar experience and maybe we can ban together and talk with GM executives about our concerns and disappointments.