2007 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
Lemon many times over
By jjh92212 on 03/17/15 16:30 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am not usually one to write reviews on vehicles, and I find it ironically funny that many people have the same complaints about their GMC Acadia that I do. I purchased this vehicle on a "deal" which I should have never done. Now looking back on it, the 2007 was probably the worse year for this vehicle. I have already replaced my transmission, the power steering has gone, had to weld the exhaust twice, and also had the rear-windshield washer hose leak all over the fuse box causing the entire vehicle to short out basically. So I laugh at people who write don't believe the reviews..... Well... you are wrong my friend. This vehicle should have been pulled off the market many times over!

Don't believe all the bad reviews
By Nick Schoendorf on 03/12/15 06:49 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my wife dream truck finally now that the price has come down a bit. I haven't had many issues at all with it and it has 160k miles on it. i replaced a cv axle and the eval solenoid. I do all my own work i never ever let anyone touch my vehicles. the headlights are not that hard to change people whine too much. the truck rides great, drives great and has been very fun to drive.

Sorry I Bought this piece of garbage
By charvey3 on 12/30/13 10:37 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To all out there. I am so fed up of this 2007 GMC Acadia I bought about a year and a half ago. First the transmission was so severely damaged that the SUV was in the shop for a whole month. I was stranded at home and had to beg for rides. Then the steering went bad. Now there is something going on with the electrical components. Came out on a cold day to find my car dead. Changed the battery only to see the car after being locked outside for 4 hours, the radio, lights and the inside console all came on automatically and kept on. The service engine light was on and after driving the engine delayed to turn off even after the ignition was off. Now my mechanic is saying I have a leak .

Waste of money
By sherry0306 on 09/17/13 05:08 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

WE purchased this 07 model with 17k miles with in the 2 years of owning it. the timing chain, alternator, all 4 rotars, head lamps, and NOW transmission . it only has 47k miles and is my dream car being a mom of three children. it is every thing we were looking for with the third row, black leather and rear dvd. but is 100% unsafe I have broke down way to many times to mention. and GMC is giving me a hard time Cause it is more then 5 years old .. Im discussed and starned. BUY forign,

Very Unreliable
By nothappywithgm on 07/26/13 07:27 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 2010 with 24,000 miles and loved the way it looked and drove. It was my dream car. NOW, I do not like it. Has been in the shop multiple times--timing chain snapped around 60,000 miles, water-pump went out, front headlamps went. After getting that fixed, at 80,000 miles the transmission went out (took 2 months for a replacement due to National backorder). The day after getting it home, the front struts are going, the battery is dead. It seems to be one thing after another. I can't feel comfortable driving anymore because I worried about what's coming next. GM will not help because it is out of 5year warranty, but less than 100,000 miles.

ACADIA has major problems
By sportskidsmom5 on 06/13/13 21:23 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the body style and interior room. Major problems with transmission, catalytic converter and timing chains. Multiple trips to dealerships and after warranty expired, all of the above did too.GM does not stand behind it's products. Too late for us, but read all of the transmission problems noted. Do not purchase.

Not a reliable vehicle
By misc23 on 05/14/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The GMC Acadia is an engineering nightmare. The transmission has known issues that GM will not back up when it goes bad. The interior has these large holes in the floor that the seat should slide on but just end up filled with junk. A headlight out on this vehicle is an expensive trip to the dealer because it is not something an owner can change. Do not buy this vehicle or GM for that matter if this is how the stand behind their cars.

Transmission/power stering/water pump/hvac
By dtafilaj on 05/09/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Acadia is 2007I was very exited about this new suv back in 2007 when I bought it. At 28000 water pump died/at 42000 transmission died at 60000 ac and power strng died for every single issue i went to the dealer that I bought it and mostly of the issues were not fixed and what ever was fixe I had to pay for it trnsmission was not able to figure out. engine light was on i dropped to the dealer and for days and weeks and would work for couple of the months and again same story would not shift to higher gear.power steering saves me money to dont use the fitness center because I work out by steering my acadia that's how bad it is. I own tahoe Hummer and cadillac srx but acadia was bad choice

Excellent reliability! Really.
By ecanadian1 on 03/25/13 01:22 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ok, so we bought new in April 2007. After 150,000km our Acadia had pretty much zero problems! We have only been changing different oils/fluids (engine, transmission, power steering) and air filter. Breaks are still original - amazing! Only one problem in year 2 fixed under warranty: dirty sensor (vehicle pretty much shut down on highway). Will be getting 3rd set of tires this summer. So tire wear has been great. My wife mostly drives this vehicle, about 65% highway. Regardless, the reliability so far has been extraordinary! We also own a Toyota Sienna and Mercedes Benz E500 and Acadia has been most trouble free by far. Just thought would share given all negative reviews.

Not worth your time or money
By batesoh on 02/12/13 06:56 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new. At 20,000 miles engine was removed to repair the timing chain sensor. A/C broke on a trip from Cleveland to Chicago. Recall to delete the heated wiper fluid option (+$100 check). More timing chain issues at 36,000 miles. Rear liftgate malfunctioned: would not close/would not stay closed. A/C broke again on very same trip again. Transmission failure-after a month at the dealer, new transmission was installed. A/c broke for the 3rd time on a short two-hour trip at 58,000. I waved the white flag and bought a 2011 Land Rover LR4. Acadia had lots of neat features far to many issues and an under powered engine.