2007 GMC Acadia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
Sorry I Bought this piece of garbage
By charvey3 on 12/30/13 10:37 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To all out there. I am so fed up of this 2007 GMC Acadia I bought about a year and a half ago. First the transmission was so severely damaged that the SUV was in the shop for a whole month. I was stranded at home and had to beg for rides. Then the steering went bad. Now there is something going on with the electrical components. Came out on a cold day to find my car dead. Changed the battery only to see the car after being locked outside for 4 hours, the radio, lights and the inside console all came on automatically and kept on. The service engine light was on and after driving the engine delayed to turn off even after the ignition was off. Now my mechanic is saying I have a leak .

Waste of money
By sherry0306 on 09/17/13 05:08 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

WE purchased this 07 model with 17k miles with in the 2 years of owning it. the timing chain, alternator, all 4 rotars, head lamps, and NOW transmission . it only has 47k miles and is my dream car being a mom of three children. it is every thing we were looking for with the third row, black leather and rear dvd. but is 100% unsafe I have broke down way to many times to mention. and GMC is giving me a hard time Cause it is more then 5 years old .. Im discussed and starned. BUY forign,

Very Unreliable
By nothappywithgm on 07/26/13 07:27 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 2010 with 24,000 miles and loved the way it looked and drove. It was my dream car. NOW, I do not like it. Has been in the shop multiple times--timing chain snapped around 60,000 miles, water-pump went out, front headlamps went. After getting that fixed, at 80,000 miles the transmission went out (took 2 months for a replacement due to National backorder). The day after getting it home, the front struts are going, the battery is dead. It seems to be one thing after another. I can't feel comfortable driving anymore because I worried about what's coming next. GM will not help because it is out of 5year warranty, but less than 100,000 miles.

ACADIA has major problems
By sportskidsmom5 on 06/13/13 21:23 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the body style and interior room. Major problems with transmission, catalytic converter and timing chains. Multiple trips to dealerships and after warranty expired, all of the above did too.GM does not stand behind it's products. Too late for us, but read all of the transmission problems noted. Do not purchase.

Not a reliable vehicle
By misc23 on 05/14/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The GMC Acadia is an engineering nightmare. The transmission has known issues that GM will not back up when it goes bad. The interior has these large holes in the floor that the seat should slide on but just end up filled with junk. A headlight out on this vehicle is an expensive trip to the dealer because it is not something an owner can change. Do not buy this vehicle or GM for that matter if this is how the stand behind their cars.

Transmission/power stering/water pump/hvac
By dtafilaj on 05/09/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Acadia is 2007I was very exited about this new suv back in 2007 when I bought it. At 28000 water pump died/at 42000 transmission died at 60000 ac and power strng died for every single issue i went to the dealer that I bought it and mostly of the issues were not fixed and what ever was fixe I had to pay for it trnsmission was not able to figure out. engine light was on i dropped to the dealer and for days and weeks and would work for couple of the months and again same story would not shift to higher gear.power steering saves me money to dont use the fitness center because I work out by steering my acadia that's how bad it is. I own tahoe Hummer and cadillac srx but acadia was bad choice

Excellent reliability! Really.
By ecanadian1 on 03/25/13 01:22 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ok, so we bought new in April 2007. After 150,000km our Acadia had pretty much zero problems! We have only been changing different oils/fluids (engine, transmission, power steering) and air filter. Breaks are still original - amazing! Only one problem in year 2 fixed under warranty: dirty sensor (vehicle pretty much shut down on highway). Will be getting 3rd set of tires this summer. So tire wear has been great. My wife mostly drives this vehicle, about 65% highway. Regardless, the reliability so far has been extraordinary! We also own a Toyota Sienna and Mercedes Benz E500 and Acadia has been most trouble free by far. Just thought would share given all negative reviews.

Not worth your time or money
By batesoh on 02/12/13 06:56 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new. At 20,000 miles engine was removed to repair the timing chain sensor. A/C broke on a trip from Cleveland to Chicago. Recall to delete the heated wiper fluid option (+$100 check). More timing chain issues at 36,000 miles. Rear liftgate malfunctioned: would not close/would not stay closed. A/C broke again on very same trip again. Transmission failure-after a month at the dealer, new transmission was installed. A/c broke for the 3rd time on a short two-hour trip at 58,000. I waved the white flag and bought a 2011 Land Rover LR4. Acadia had lots of neat features far to many issues and an under powered engine.

Nothing but problems since day one
By jlmjones on 08/29/12 09:02 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is, by far, the worst vehicle we've ever owned. After owning a Yukon Delani, I was looking forward to buying another GMC. Huge mistake, this will be the last GMC we will ever buy. The water pump has gone out, it's had a flurry of random electrical problems, the airbag only is on about 1/2 the time someone is in the passenger seat and now the tranny is blown at less than 60k. I'm shocked GMC is selling such an unreliable car to consumers. I've been broken down on the side of the road twice now. They need to recall these cars and reimburse those of us who have to put in new trannys (according to the dealership doing our repairs, GM is FULLY aware of the issue and doesn't care).

California to Colorado
By buyusa2 on 07/02/12 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased an SLT2 FWD in April 2007. We have 47,000 miles on the vehicle. We did experience a water pump issue that was covered under the 100K mileage warranty. Other than that, the Acadia has been trouble free. We just returned from a 2,100 mile trip to Colorado from California and back through the Nevada and Utah deserts where the temperature was 105 degrees. The Acadia was great. I realize some owners have experienced issues that I'm sure GM is attempting to address. This vehicle is built by Americans for Americans as well as others. I only wish I'd ordered AWD and a tow package (for bikes). Our mileage was 18.52 mpg matching exactly what the DIC indicated. Buy and Acadia

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.