Used 2007 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Gmc Acadia - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Acadia SUV

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Lemon many times over
By jjh92212

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am not usually one to write reviews on vehicles, and I find it ironically funny that many people have the same complaints about their GMC Acadia that I do. I purchased this vehicle on a "deal" which I should have never done. Now looking back on it, the 2007 was probably the worse year for this vehicle. I have already replaced my transmission, the power steering has gone, had to weld the exhaust twice, and also had the rear-windshield washer hose leak all over the fuse box causing the entire vehicle to short out basically. So I laugh at people who write don't believe the reviews..... Well... you are wrong my friend. This vehicle should have been pulled off the market many times over!

Favorite Features

leather seats, towing capacity, roomy

Don't believe all the bad reviews
By Nick Schoendorf

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my wife dream truck finally now that the price has come down a bit. I haven't had many issues at all with it and it has 160k miles on it. i replaced a cv axle and the eval solenoid. I do all my own work i never ever let anyone touch my vehicles. the headlights are not that hard to change people whine too much. the truck rides great, drives great and has been very fun to drive.

Favorite Features

the bucket seats in the middle so access to the third row is easy for the kids. you never have to fold any seats down. the dvd player is great for keeping the kids quiet. the middle sunroof is amazing for letting natural light in. remote start is self explanatory i mean how do we have cars without this feature !

Suggested Improvements

Hids should have been stock in all models the halogens are dated and give poor illumination compared to the Hids. memory seats again should be a standard option on the slt-1. lets be real if you have the heated seats why would you make the cooled seats part of that package ??

Sorry I Bought this piece of garbage
By charvey3

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To all out there. I am so fed up of this 2007 GMC Acadia I bought about a year and a half ago. First the transmission was so severely damaged that the SUV was in the shop for a whole month. I was stranded at home and had to beg for rides. Then the steering went bad. Now there is something going on with the electrical components. Came out on a cold day to find my car dead. Changed the battery only to see the car after being locked outside for 4 hours, the radio, lights and the inside console all came on automatically and kept on. The service engine light was on and after driving the engine delayed to turn off even after the ignition was off. Now my mechanic is saying I have a leak .

Suggested Improvements

Can anyone give my a clue who I should call at GMC about this. Thank you.

Waste of money
By sherry0306

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

WE purchased this 07 model with 17k miles with in the 2 years of owning it. the timing chain, alternator, all 4 rotars, head lamps, and NOW transmission . it only has 47k miles and is my dream car being a mom of three children. it is every thing we were looking for with the third row, black leather and rear dvd. but is 100% unsafe I have broke down way to many times to mention. and GMC is giving me a hard time Cause it is more then 5 years old .. Im discussed and starned. BUY forign,

Very Unreliable
By nothappywithgm

2007 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 2010 with 24,000 miles and loved the way it looked and drove. It was my dream car. NOW, I do not like it. Has been in the shop multiple times--timing chain snapped around 60,000 miles, water-pump went out, front headlamps went. After getting that fixed, at 80,000 miles the transmission went out (took 2 months for a replacement due to National backorder). The day after getting it home, the front struts are going, the battery is dead. It seems to be one thing after another. I can't feel comfortable driving anymore because I worried about what's coming next. GM will not help because it is out of 5year warranty, but less than 100,000 miles.