2007 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
ACADIA has major problems
By sportskidsmom5 on 06/13/13 21:23 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the body style and interior room. Major problems with transmission, catalytic converter and timing chains. Multiple trips to dealerships and after warranty expired, all of the above did too.GM does not stand behind it's products. Too late for us, but read all of the transmission problems noted. Do not purchase.

Not a reliable vehicle
By misc23 on 05/14/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The GMC Acadia is an engineering nightmare. The transmission has known issues that GM will not back up when it goes bad. The interior has these large holes in the floor that the seat should slide on but just end up filled with junk. A headlight out on this vehicle is an expensive trip to the dealer because it is not something an owner can change. Do not buy this vehicle or GM for that matter if this is how the stand behind their cars.

California to Colorado
By buyusa2 on 07/02/12 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased an SLT2 FWD in April 2007. We have 47,000 miles on the vehicle. We did experience a water pump issue that was covered under the 100K mileage warranty. Other than that, the Acadia has been trouble free. We just returned from a 2,100 mile trip to Colorado from California and back through the Nevada and Utah deserts where the temperature was 105 degrees. The Acadia was great. I realize some owners have experienced issues that I'm sure GM is attempting to address. This vehicle is built by Americans for Americans as well as others. I only wish I'd ordered AWD and a tow package (for bikes). Our mileage was 18.52 mpg matching exactly what the DIC indicated. Buy and Acadia

Bad Engines stay away
By hurley325 on 07/19/11 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 acadia with 66,900 miles and I had to replace waterpump at 50,000 miles and now the engine light has come on. I took it to the dealer and they said that the engine will need to be removed do to a bad camshaft. It seems to be a big issue with the 3.6 engine just google camshaft-timing chain problems.

Disappointing
By Disappointing on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this vehicle on sight. It drives like a dream and is very comfortable on long trips. Fuel economy is quite adequate for it's size. However, in the 3 1/2 years I have owned this vehicle, it has been in the shop 14 times! Problems have been mostly electrical,(running lights simply quit working, car wouldn't start, computer chip issues) but the sunroof also leaked due to a poor factory-designed drainage system. I would not in good conscience recommend this vehicle to anyone.

I must have gotten lucky!
By Chad on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have just over 41,000 miles and I have only had this is for oil changes and tire rotations and a few recalls. Other than that I have had zero issues with this. I admit the 6 speed transmission is a bit jerky but overall I get 22 MPG on average tank. Kids love it and it fits me well. I keep it like a shiny new dime and maintenance it well. I plan on keeping this until it just quits. I have the SLT version with the 19 inch wheels and its a smooth ride. Little rattles here and there but otherwise a tight ride.

If it can go wrong, it will with this car!
By hk on 06/09/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the car 3 years. Done every scheduled maintenance & recall notices. Was ok for 2 yrs. 3/09 started shaking on acceleration, check engine light on, traction turning off warning bell. Dealership advised needed 3 fuel injectors replaced. Didn't fix problem. Different dealership sd needed 3 more fuel injectors replaced. On 4/6/10 towed b/c over heating,oil leaks, coolant leak and water pump was broken.4/12/10 A/C went out, lines replaced for $960. On 5/20/10 transmission failed,towed again. Still at dealership now, 3 weeks later.With min rental insurance + towing costs + flushes needed due to leaks, this car has cost me $774 + the monthly car payment for a car I can't even drive. Don't buy!

Looks great! But not a reliable vehicle
By Sistersami on 02/05/10 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Transmission has blown after 81,000km - not impressed. Tonnes of electrical problems. Tailgate malfunctions every winter & needs to be replaced. Windshield wiper motor failed. I LOVE the look of the vehicle, but it is a LEMON... STAY AWAY!!!

Sludge Build Up In Engine
By Randy on 01/29/10 04:32 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have sludge build up in engine at 70K miles. A GMC dealer says it is due to improperly maintenance. I contacted GM and they agreed. I changed the oil when the OLM indicator told me to. The dealership wants me to pay 7K for a new engine. I am in the process of hiring an attorney to help me with this. The dealer I purchased from went bankrupt and I can not get the maintenance records so GM is saying I drove the vehicle for 29K miles before my first oil change because I cannot provide maintenance records. The dealership who diagnosed the problem stated I should have changed the oil at 5K intervals. Why then did GM put OLM indicators on these vehicles.

Excellent concept, exceedingly poor execution.
By cmf on 12/28/09 18:42 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car to suit family of 5 as better alternative to a minivan. Excellent seating arrangement for 7 adults or multiple carseats Unreliable from first weeks off lot. Car DIED while driving many times in 2 years until GM finally dug deeper and ended up completely rebuilding the engine! Traction control fails to control wheel spin, which GM considers normal. Balded front tires and never felt safe on wet roads. Transmission lags at speed that GM considers normal, making car feel unsafe during passing. This car was serviced by GM for no less than 20 days during our 2 1/2 year ownership. Interior has lots of plastic and lacks durability. Most expensive unsafe, unreliable car ever owned

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.