Used 2007 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

8 Year 170K mile review
By clearwatereq

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

And I can honestly say I'd buy another. My red jewel SLT2 has every option available for 2007. It's been a reliable vehicle overall, not 100% problem free though. I replaced the transmission at 60K, steering rack at 50k, water pump at 67k, struts at 80K, and other regular wear and tear items that are normal (ie-brakes) It's been amazingly trouble free for nearly the last 100K. It still looks and drives much like a new vehicle.

You can't beat the design and utility here, lots of people and cargo room. Very solid felling and a dream on snowy roads. People still think mines a brand new vehicle, its held up well.

Seems the first two model years were a bit problematic for some. Most write a review to complain, I'm writing mine to show these vehicles are not all bad. I would hope they had the transmission sorted out, that was a costly item. would also like a bit more power for the mountain roads i frequent.

Lemon many times over
By jjh92212

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am not usually one to write reviews on vehicles, and I find it ironically funny that many people have the same complaints about their GMC Acadia that I do. I purchased this vehicle on a "deal" which I should have never done. Now looking back on it, the 2007 was probably the worse year for this vehicle. I have already replaced my transmission, the power steering has gone, had to weld the exhaust twice, and also had the rear-windshield washer hose leak all over the fuse box causing the entire vehicle to short out basically. So I laugh at people who write don't believe the reviews..... Well... you are wrong my friend. This vehicle should have been pulled off the market many times over!

leather seats, towing capacity, roomy

Don't believe all the bad reviews
By Nick Schoendorf

2007 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my wife dream truck finally now that the price has come down a bit. I haven't had many issues at all with it and it has 160k miles on it. i replaced a cv axle and the eval solenoid. I do all my own work i never ever let anyone touch my vehicles. the headlights are not that hard to change people whine too much. the truck rides great, drives great and has been very fun to drive.

the bucket seats in the middle so access to the third row is easy for the kids. you never have to fold any seats down. the dvd player is great for keeping the kids quiet. the middle sunroof is amazing for letting natural light in. remote start is self explanatory i mean how do we have cars without this feature !

Hids should have been stock in all models the halogens are dated and give poor illumination compared to the Hids. memory seats again should be a standard option on the slt-1. lets be real if you have the heated seats why would you make the cooled seats part of that package ??

Sorry I Bought this piece of garbage
By charvey3

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To all out there. I am so fed up of this 2007 GMC Acadia I bought about a year and a half ago. First the transmission was so severely damaged that the SUV was in the shop for a whole month. I was stranded at home and had to beg for rides. Then the steering went bad. Now there is something going on with the electrical components. Came out on a cold day to find my car dead. Changed the battery only to see the car after being locked outside for 4 hours, the radio, lights and the inside console all came on automatically and kept on. The service engine light was on and after driving the engine delayed to turn off even after the ignition was off. Now my mechanic is saying I have a leak .

Can anyone give my a clue who I should call at GMC about this. Thank you.

Waste of money
By sherry0306

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

WE purchased this 07 model with 17k miles with in the 2 years of owning it. the timing chain, alternator, all 4 rotars, head lamps, and NOW transmission . it only has 47k miles and is my dream car being a mom of three children. it is every thing we were looking for with the third row, black leather and rear dvd. but is 100% unsafe I have broke down way to many times to mention. and GMC is giving me a hard time Cause it is more then 5 years old .. Im discussed and starned. BUY forign,