Used 2007 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 238 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Acadia

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

First year win!
By Jonathan

2007 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Never did we expect after seeing the style and clear quality of the Acadia that 2007 was actually the first year. Wow, we were stunned, and actually expected some kind of hidden problem since this truck had not only a whole bunch of options (It's the SLT-2 trim, after all), but met our needs and was well within our budget. It even had decent miles. They had to be hiding something...

My wife and I had our second child, and both being from medium sized families opted for a couple extra seats. We needed something at least a little higher off the ground than a minivan, and either four wheel drive or all wheel drive was a must since we live on a dead end that our useless city does a horrible job plowing, if they do it at all.

It's been a little over a year and a half now, another 15,000 miles or so, and the only complaint is that when our bigger child is in the third row, there isn't much space in the rear. Of course it's easier to just leave her seat back there than to swap it back and forth, but when she's in the second row, there's more than enough cargo space. The Acadia has been well worth the investment, with the most repairs being a chipped windshield and sooner or later it's going to need new brake pads; not abnormal at all. Our friends and family still gawk at how nice it is, and our neighbor ran out and got one a couple months later as well after seeing ours. The style and quality are still top notch, and we're probably going to have this until it dies, if it ever does.

Too many repairs
By Never buy GM again

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Worst car I have ever owned, transmission and engine went out, car leaked water into passenger area front to back. Had to sell after new transmission and engine with less than 110,000 miles. $45,000 car, plus addition $10,000 in repairs.

Pain in the butt
By Andy

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I replaced transmission and motor. Car is always leaking water in to it. I have more sensors going off than I can count. Just a lot of problems for such a expensive car.

8 Year 170K mile review
By clearwatereq

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

And I can honestly say I'd buy another. My red jewel SLT2 has every option available for 2007. It's been a reliable vehicle overall, not 100% problem free though. I replaced the transmission at 60K, steering rack at 50k, water pump at 67k, struts at 80K, and other regular wear and tear items that are normal (ie-brakes) It's been amazingly trouble free for nearly the last 100K. It still looks and drives much like a new vehicle.

You can't beat the design and utility here, lots of people and cargo room. Very solid felling and a dream on snowy roads. People still think mines a brand new vehicle, its held up well.

Seems the first two model years were a bit problematic for some. Most write a review to complain, I'm writing mine to show these vehicles are not all bad. I would hope they had the transmission sorted out, that was a costly item. would also like a bit more power for the mountain roads i frequent.

Lemon many times over
By jjh92212

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am not usually one to write reviews on vehicles, and I find it ironically funny that many people have the same complaints about their GMC Acadia that I do. I purchased this vehicle on a "deal" which I should have never done. Now looking back on it, the 2007 was probably the worse year for this vehicle. I have already replaced my transmission, the power steering has gone, had to weld the exhaust twice, and also had the rear-windshield washer hose leak all over the fuse box causing the entire vehicle to short out basically. So I laugh at people who write don't believe the reviews..... Well... you are wrong my friend. This vehicle should have been pulled off the market many times over!

leather seats, towing capacity, roomy