1995 Geo Tracker Consumer Review: Best Car Ever

1995 Geo Tracker - Consumer Review

Base w/Soft Top Convertible SUV (1.6L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Best Car Ever
By georgianna on

1995 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I bought this little guy new off the lot. I thought it was so cute that I fell in love with it. Now, 16 years later, I have to say that I am more than just impressed with it's looks. I have never had to do any repairs. All it has ever needed is gas, oil, brake pads and air filters. Oh, and tires - because I have run the wheels off of it. I replaced the soft top twice. For the past 10 years, I have considered putting on a hard top but always thought that the car was too old to put that much money into it. Then, considering I have never even replaced a fan belt, finally decided the car is not going to break anytime soon so decided to go ahead. I think I'll keep it forever!

Great gas mileage - runs on fumes. Seems to be eternal. Always starts right up - even after sitting for months. No mechanical issues and I have had it for 16 years.

The 4-wheel drive has always been clumsy to use and the hubs are really hard to turn. It finally stopped working at all.