1995 Geo Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Best Car Ever
By georgianna on 05/05/11 11:48 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I bought this little guy new off the lot. I thought it was so cute that I fell in love with it. Now, 16 years later, I have to say that I am more than just impressed with it's looks. I have never had to do any repairs. All it has ever needed is gas, oil, brake pads and air filters. Oh, and tires - because I have run the wheels off of it. I replaced the soft top twice. For the past 10 years, I have considered putting on a hard top but always thought that the car was too old to put that much money into it. Then, considering I have never even replaced a fan belt, finally decided the car is not going to break anytime soon so decided to go ahead. I think I'll keep it forever!

Purple Tracker in South Florida
By QUINNSTIGATOR on 03/08/10 18:51 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I now own the 1995 Geo Tracker that my dad bought new off the showroom floor. It's almost at 180k. Nothing beats it in the city. It zips through traffic. Even with a 2wd, it climbs better than my 4x4 truck. With the 235/65/R15 tires it rips corners to pieces, and wind sheer is eliminated. Any more power and I'd be drifting with the 5spd. It's the most reliable car/ truck I've ever owned. And who needs the highway when you can take the beach with the top down.

Best vehicle for the money, ever
By Chris on 09/17/09 14:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

My friends always ask me if I still have The Tracker. You better believe I do! I bought this in 1994 with about 30 miles on it and have just recently passed 336,000. I am not good with vehicle maintenance and upkeep, so the fact that this is still running is a miracle. Only major work done is a new transmission (after about 250,000). I still have it, and wouldn't give it up for anything.

will never buy another one
By kjfogge on 05/07/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

have owned about 4 years now...started having an ongoing problem 2 years/$800 dollars ago of hesitating/violent bucking while driving. It does not always happen, nor is there any one condition to make this happen. We have stumped even the Chevy garage on this one. The gas tank is quite small...only 11 gallons. And worse still is originally it got only 20 mpg, now since this problem started 2 years ago, it is down to 15 mpg. Really liked the look and feel of this vehicle when I bought it. But I will NEVER buy another one, NOR would I recommend it to anyone! Will be getting rid of this one SOON!

A Bucket of Fun
By gottatracker on 01/13/09 10:21 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I bought my Tracker 5 years ago and I would never sell it. It has 158,000 miles on it and the only thing that ever went wrong were the hubs, so I just had them replaced. I give it regular oil changes and it just goes and goes. I have taken it rock crawling and it loves the mud. Any chance I can get to go off road, I do. It is great in the snow as well. This is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned! I love my tracker, but I see rust appearing here and there. Living in the northeast is taking it's toll. I have replaced the top twice since I owned it. Each top had a different quality and I noticed this last one is lasting so much better. When this Tracker rusts away, I will be sad!

I cried when my Geo Tracker died.
By Mitzi The Tracker on 09/07/08 15:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD

My Geo Tracker, lovingly nicknamed Mitzi, was my first car and baby. I got her used for $1600 in 2002 and she was worth tenfold that. I ran her ragged but she was always faithful, though often in need of some sort of work due to my own lack of car savvy, and felt like a member of the family. She served me well for 6 years until her brakes began to fail and it was no longer worth the cost of replacement. I literally cried when Mitzi died and I hope that I can find another car I love as much.

cool ride
By cool ride on 05/26/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This has been one of the funnest little rigs I've ever had. Have changed mine a little, my little tracker looks like a little pickup. Got rid of the bubble top and put on tonneau, windjammer, and sun top. All an come off or just a piece at a time. Have added tube bumpers front and rear. Added aggressive tires and chrome wheels. Everyday someone says to me how nice it is. Have had people offer to buy it right on the spot. Believe me I wouldn't spend the money if it wasn't worth it. The only other thing I have to say about it is:it's not a Jeep thing!

Built to last and last
By nick on 05/21/08 06:46 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I bought my GEO new back in 1995. My GEO has NEVER seen the inside of a mechanic's shop. This car is very easy to maintain. I've replaced the alternator in 2007, clutch cable in 2007, my water pump in 2008,I've also replaced my hubs and rear shocks. All of which I didn't mind doing myself. Parts are very inexpensive and this engine / car is very easy to work on yourself. I currently have over 120k on it and it still runs very strong. I'm still averaging 30+ MPG. With gas being so high I'm gonna hold on to my GEO as long as I can...

Geo Tracker
By tracker on 02/20/07 16:54 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I like being able to drive down the road and pull off on any gravel road and go for a ride. If you can see between two trees, chances are the geo tracker can drive there also.

Great starter/college car
By leroy2812 on 01/06/07 05:01 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I am soon to be getting rid of mine, but it has had a darn good run. 153k and still strong. The steering feel as accurate and good as it is with the power steering. It handles great in turns... once you get used to it, it won't tip over, the tires lose traction way before that happens (been there done that). I wouldn't call this car quick, but with the five speed, it ain't bad... runs over zx2s and neons in third gear. It does sit up high, so it gets blown around A LOT on the highway. No major things have gone wrong with mine, just had to replace the water pump, but it was a slow death, so not bad. Edmund's has terrible prices for these. In the MidWst they are about $4K dealer w/good mileage.