1994 Geo Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
family fun
By Catman808 on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

fun to drive with very good 4x4 ablitiy, back seat is very usable compaired to Jeeps, very easy to drive in all condtions

bad parts all over
By mike ross on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD

I am original ower of my Geo tracker. the traker ran ok until about twenty five thousand miles ,then the problems started.My real seal went had that fixed. at about thirty thousand miles my driver side manual locking hub went bad .Then the window track came out of line .Also the nuts welded into the body for the door hinge rusted off and my door fell off .There are many more problems that i would like to tell you about but there are to many to list .

It's no Suburban -- It's More FUN!
By bob61 on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I purchased my vehicle used just for the winter. This got me around in the snow and ice with no problem. It dug through a big 12" dump of snow -- sure it didn't plow through like a big Suburban, but for it's size it did exceptionally well. What I don't like is the power of the engine. It gets off the line fine, but head on down the highway at 65 and the engine let's you know it. A 1.8liter engine, 88 horses under the hood, it has to crank some heavy RPM's at 65. Bottom line, this is a fun vehicle to drive. You looking to do some heavy hauling or travel in luxury, then spend more and get a mid-size or full sized SUV (and get about 8 mpg less too!).

Very Dependable
By Dina on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I bought my 4x4 Geo Tracker in Europe in '95. Thought it was a good looking, sporty, little vehicle. Although the price was a little high, I was satisfied. The vehicle I owned at the time was a Chevy G-20 conversion van. If you've ever driven and tried to park a car in Europe you'd understand the setbacks to owning a huge vehicle. My Geo was great for these driving conditions. Although it does give you fits going up and down the mountainside, having a 5 spd allows you to use a lower gear and get the result you are looking for (making it to the top). I'm buying another vehicle this year, but I'm not getting rid of my Tracker!