1994 Geo Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Trackalac
By T james on 05/04/08 00:26 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD

The tracker was purchased in 96 from a dealership. Wonderful handling, ok stereo, and great gas mileage. It was handed down to me by mom mother when i received my license at 16. It now has 191,294 miles on it and its still runs perfect. My starter Just messed up the other day but thats because i am a delivery driver and turn my car on and off a lot. But i found another one at a junk yard for $35. So I fixed it quite easily. The tracker is not necessarily the safest but i have never had an accident, Nor a scratch. Wonderful car! wouldn't trade for the world.

Good mini SUV
By snipes on 04/30/07 09:53 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

When I have taken it off road, it handled well. 4x4 is good in snow. My Tracker has 132,220 miles on it and it is still going strong.

Nothing to break
By mridgwaycan on 12/24/04 17:12 PM (PST)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

Zero options beyond both hard and soft top. Added CD, hood shield, vent-visors and fog lights later. Paid $12,500 Cdn (about $8000 US at the time.) Great runabout. Easy to park. Still factory exhaust, suspension and rear brakes after 10 years / 200,000 miles. Uses 1 cup oil / 3000 miles. Not a lot of power, but will slowly get up to about 90 mph if necessary. Hauls a surprising weight without bottoming out. Handles like a big go-cart (no p/s). In snow or muck the front goes up and the back digs in. Incredibly easy to do own maintenance. Nearly all parts are cheap and readily accessible. Can lift transmission without a jack! Boy, did they screw up a good thing by changing this design to rounded and then discontinuing it to become the Chevy Equinox for more than twice the price. Closest vehicle now is Kia Sportage.

Excellent for students
By loaizarayas on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

This truck is excellent for students and to ride it with your friends. Its my first car and I love it. I haven't had any major problems since I have it. Its small, tall, everybody looks at you, and future collectible car, a "micromachine"!

Been in the Family for 10 years!
By djh on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

My sister bought the '94 Tracker, drove it to Florida w/family of 4. Sold it to me in '99. The Tracker has never let me down. It has taken me through the worst winters! My door locks froze, but if you keep it in the garage, or don't lock the doors, it's fine. It's been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. Great on gas, easy to maneuver and park. Sold it to my daughter in '03. The vehicle is still in great shape and runs like a charm, even though it just got t-boned by another driver and the Insurance Company says it's totaled. Drove it away from the accident! You just can't kill these Trackers!!!

1994 Tracker
By ejdeno on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

Fun to drive. Used as a tow vehicle behind a motor home.

Best vehicle ever owned.
By Don and Susan on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This little tracker is a trooper!! We've had it for 10 years and believe it or not...we replaced the brakes AFTER 100,000 + miles. Do you believe it? We ordered it..received it...loved and still do, it. I was coming home from work one day. It was a TERRIBLE snow storm. The roads were covered. Our little tracker brought me home safely in a level 3 emergency. I hope it lasts forever. The Giff's

Great Toy
By pagemaker45 on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I love my 1994 Tracker. It has never left me stranded. It always starts and I have never been stuck in Northern NY snow.

It's my car and I like it!
By wolfblade77 on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

It's a cool car to drive. With a little modifications, you have a sweet street race car. It's useful, easy to drive and has some power. Ok, it's not a sexy car, but it's still cool. Got to take it easy in sharp turns, I almost tiped it over today! With my car, I went camping, canoing, kayaking, etc. Everytime, I came back safe and sound.

Reliable Car
By smedeiros on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I bought my '94 Geo Tracker from a friend in 1997. It had low mileage and was in great shape. Since then, the car did alot of highway driving from state to state when I was in school. It handles just fine on the highway. It hits 80mph with no problems. It's not a sports car and doesn't handle like one, but it's fun to drive. It does get slightly loud on the highway, but it is a convertable. It drives incredibly in 4x4 during winter weather. My Geo now has 130,000 miles and has needed absolutely no work. This car was worth every penny and I will drive this car until the very end.