Used 1992 Geo Tracker Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Geo Tracker - Consumer Reviews

1992 Geo Tracker

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Luv It
By bubu

1992 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This is a fun vehicle. It is to bad they stopped making it. People w/jeeps envy it. People always wanting to buy it. Wish I had a 2x2 better mpg. Avg mpg 27. Parts easy to find. Could use better front seats.

High top. Visibility. Easy to lower top. Very versatile. Back seat easy to remove.

Better front seats

Finally
By trakinmd

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

After getting this cute SUV, had problems with what I thought was the fuel injector. Replaced injector (not a cheap item) but vehicle still wouldn't run. Later found out that computer module had burnt out (yet again not a cheap fix). Replaced computer and now it runs and I love it. It's fun to drive, with the 5 speed tranny, but sometimes wish it had a V-6. Plenty of power, though, for a four banger. It's sporty, fun to drive and I always get compliments about it.

I love the standard trans., like the feel of the manual steering and I like the gas mileage.

The 92 model I have does not have a tachometer (would've been nice) and also does not have a/c (gets pretty warm when it rains and the top is up).

great suv
By tracker

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This thing is great. But lets be honest it is pretty old and parts are going to need to be replaced. My dad owned it first and I got it back in 1999. Until this past year I never had to do anything to the vehicle other than oil change. After 90,000 miles I had to replace the cpu $500. Now the power steering pump leaks and it needs tires. You can't get the thing stuck anywhere. I have pushed full size trucks out of ditches. Runs great no mechanical failures ever. They just rust a little too much. I would buy another without hesitation. If you can find one with under 70,000 miles jump on it, you wont be disappointed. Mine has 102,000 and only needs a little pwr steering fluid monthly.

4wd. soft top that completely removes in 5 minutes. Great cheap suv, 20 mpg no matter what. Built tough.

Cup holders and better rust protection. But hey they are pretty old by now and I would like to see any other vehicle hold up this well considering the beating I'm sure they all have taken.

Gave The Big SUV to Mom - Kept the Geo
By Rockitdoc

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

Fist drove the thing on rocky carribean roads. I was so impressed, bought it as a second vehicle. I have had it for 13 years, and it still runs like a top, and can get out of most any mess I get it into off road. The only car that comes close is the Landrover Freelander for triple the price. I go a long way on a $20.00 bill.

4WD, Removable sun roof area, load space, visibility from inside.

Someone make an exhaust system that lasts more than 2-3 years.

piece of junk
By vilsha

1992 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD

The worst car I ever had. Lots of
problems, and they're expensive to fix.
I bought it at 56Kmi 1 year ago; since
then it had: front CV joint replaced
($300); water pump replaced; alternator
replaced; power steering pump replaced
(to do that, timing belt should be
taken off!); computer replaced ($500);
window mechanism replaced; hood opening
handle broke apart. Two days ago the
engine stopped - probably,
computer again! Tomorrow it is
going to the junk yard, and I feel
relief! Several rust holes. The ride is
rough. On hwy bumps I hit the
ceiling with my head. The engine is
very noisy - no overdrive! Gas
tank is 10gal, and fuel economy is a
disaster - 20MPG!

Easily parkable anywhere, even in Downtown Manhattan. Good on snow.

Complete redesign