1992 Geo Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Luv It
By bubu on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This is a fun vehicle. It is to bad they stopped making it. People w/jeeps envy it. People always wanting to buy it. Wish I had a 2x2 better mpg. Avg mpg 27. Parts easy to find. Could use better front seats.

Finally
By trakinmd on 04/11/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

After getting this cute SUV, had problems with what I thought was the fuel injector. Replaced injector (not a cheap item) but vehicle still wouldn't run. Later found out that computer module had burnt out (yet again not a cheap fix). Replaced computer and now it runs and I love it. It's fun to drive, with the 5 speed tranny, but sometimes wish it had a V-6. Plenty of power, though, for a four banger. It's sporty, fun to drive and I always get compliments about it.

great suv
By tracker on 07/25/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This thing is great. But lets be honest it is pretty old and parts are going to need to be replaced. My dad owned it first and I got it back in 1999. Until this past year I never had to do anything to the vehicle other than oil change. After 90,000 miles I had to replace the cpu $500. Now the power steering pump leaks and it needs tires. You can't get the thing stuck anywhere. I have pushed full size trucks out of ditches. Runs great no mechanical failures ever. They just rust a little too much. I would buy another without hesitation. If you can find one with under 70,000 miles jump on it, you wont be disappointed. Mine has 102,000 and only needs a little pwr steering fluid monthly.

Gave The Big SUV to Mom - Kept the Geo
By Rockitdoc on 03/26/05 18:33 PM (PST)

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

Fist drove the thing on rocky carribean roads. I was so impressed, bought it as a second vehicle. I have had it for 13 years, and it still runs like a top, and can get out of most any mess I get it into off road. The only car that comes close is the Landrover Freelander for triple the price. I go a long way on a $20.00 bill.

piece of junk
By vilsha on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD

The worst car I ever had. Lots of problems, and they're expensive to fix. I bought it at 56Kmi 1 year ago; since then it had: front CV joint replaced ($300); water pump replaced; alternator replaced; power steering pump replaced (to do that, timing belt should be taken off!); computer replaced ($500); window mechanism replaced; hood opening handle broke apart. Two days ago the engine stopped - probably, computer again! Tomorrow it is going to the junk yard, and I feel relief! Several rust holes. The ride is rough. On hwy bumps I hit the ceiling with my head. The engine is very noisy - no overdrive! Gas tank is 10gal, and fuel economy is a disaster - 20MPG!

Love my little puddle truck!!!
By Windchild81 on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

My Tracker has been super- the only thing i would advise is for people to ask what parts have been REPLACED before they buy- otherwise things tend to go immediately after purchase. Ouch!! I love the low end 4 wheel drive- CRV's don't have it!! Also, shorter than a jeep, it can drive over taller bumps. The ladder frame keeps me from tearing thing off of my underbelly.

Luv that Tracker o' mine
By LuvMyTracker on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

The Tracker is a great small truck. I have not had a moment of forced down- time. And I have not had to spend a lot of money keeping it running, maybe $5000 in ten years. I had spent nearly that much on other cars over shorter periods. I would (and have) recommend the Tracker to most people who want a small vehicle that can comfortably carry 4 people.

92 geo tracker 4wd
By gltpete on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

simple, reliable, but fun? depends. it rides quite rough - but my wife loves it. I enjoy driving it occasionally, not all the time. I belive kids would love it.

Tracker
By Pickupman116 on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I really like the Tracker. It's fun to frive and fun to have. It has plenty of room for the things I need to do. It's a perfect vehical.