Used 1991 Geo Tracker Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Geo Tracker - Consumer Reviews

1991 Geo Tracker

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Great Vehicle
By Diane

1991 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I have had my Tracker since it was new. My husband bought me the hard top for Christmas back in 93 and it is probably why we still own it. It is and has been an economical vehicle and very functional. A great buy way back when!

Favorite Features

Versatility

Great Car
By Brad

1991 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I bought mine with 218000KM now it has 296000km. I've replaced the alternator, tires, brakes. My headlights no longer work except for the brights. Not sure what is wrong there. My fuel pump just shorted out as well as a relay and the computer. $1600 bill. Also, one seat broke but I found replacements. Other wise engine is great it does not burn any oil. 4WD is awesome. Gas mileage is awesome.

Favorite Features

It is small and great for parking in the city.

Suggested Improvements

N/A

Geo Tracker
By Big Willie

1991 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

Purchased this vehicle for my teenage son in 1994 with 90K miles. Ran fine until recently when I had to have the computer rebuilt($250)which I found out is a very common problem on Trackers and simliar vehicles built between 1989- 1994. Also had to replace the clutch which stands to reason since it currently has over 150K miles. I have the 4WD 5 Speed which is fun to drive. Somewhat noisy on the road (wind), but so are all convertibles. Overall, good experience with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Convertible, small size

Suggested Improvements

ECM Computer

Geo Tracker
By posted

1991 Geo Tracker LSi 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

We purchased this vehicle 6 years ago with 102,000 miles. We now have 192,765. In the last 6 years we have had to replace the computer at $650. Other than that, we have had only routine maintanence. It is finally getting tired but we are considering replacing the motor instead of junking the vehicle. The little thing really grows on you.

Excellent 4WD for the money!
By GeoJoe

1991 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This vehicle, along with its twin brother the Suzuki Sidekick, and cousin the Suzuki Samurai, make EXCELLENT and AFFORDABLE alternatives to the way overpriced yet classic Jeep Wrangler CJ-series. The 2WD is fun in itself, but the 4WD model is very fun to drive. It is so small, light and nimble that when equipped with larger than stock tires it will easily go some places that the bulkier/heavier Jeep only wishes it could. On the road the ride and mileage is similar to the average 4WD SUV/Pickup. I currently own two of these models with 5-speed and manual locking hubs, and achieve typically 20mpg minimum in 2WD mode.

Favorite Features

Wheel-Well clearance is more than sufficient to replace the factory P195/75R15 street tires with P235/75R15 Light Truck/Off-Road tires on the factory wheels, and still retain ample clearance and original handling! Plus, everyone likes a 4WD/SUV with more ground clearance!