1993 Geo Storm Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

1993 Storm Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:

Sort Reviews by

93 Geo Storm
By pictureperf9

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car, mine is a 5 speed manual trans. It does better than the stated mileage. I average 33 mpg. Mix of of city and Hiway. It is fun to drive

Favorite Features

It handles well, and looks good!

Suggested Improvements

Heater cores, most of the older ones incur a heater core problem as they age.

Fun little car
By brenda

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I had been in them several times but never owned 1 till recently. I love it, it's fun to drive and it gets a lot of looks. I live in very small community all of its own. I recently met and became friends with a guy that has a green gsi. I have a pink/purple standard. We have become the comedy act several times over the past few weeks. We park the cars beside each other and then discuss what parts we want off each others cars and how we are going to distract the other to gain access to their car. I love my GEO STORM!!

Favorite Features

My favorite features besides the sporty look it the bucket seats and the color.

Geo Storm
By Courtney

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I have had the worst luck with this car. When I first bought it, it had no radio, and it did not have the climate controls, someone pulled them out. The first day I got it, it was in the shop for a spark plug being stuck in the motor. Then the exhast system had to be replaced. I was driving it one day and it died, the head block and the distibutor went on it about 4 times. Then I had no brakes or shocks those were fixed, and then my manifold went. Overall I have put in well over 1,600 dollars into that car, it was a bad investment.

Favorite Features

It's fun to drive, I get looks a lot since they are a rare find. I like the hatchback trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Easier to get parts first of all, a little bit bigger engine, more room in the car.

Great Little Car
By Robieo

1993 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Geo Storm GSI in 1994 with 11,000 miles on it and have only had to take it to the dealer once to have the timing belt replaced. I added a cat- back exhaust system and a intake cooler (K&N) and it totaly rocks. Highly recomend it for it's reliability and responsive drive. I put about 10000 mi yearly on it. 27- 32mpg.

Favorite Features

Handling. Interior. Reliability, ease to work on.

Suggested Improvements

Could be a little bigger inside. Hard to get parts.

Braves the Storm
By Storm Watcher

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I am the second owner of my car and it now has over 200K miles on it. All I have done is replace tires and oil and spark plugs. The clutch went out once. That was the biggest maintenance bill for the car. It runs great to this day and I plan on putting another 200K on it before I retire the vehicle. It runs as good as the day I bought it. It has been the most cost effective purchase I have ever made.

Favorite Features

This car has great handling and decent take-off considering the size of engine. I keep track of mileage and always get between 38 and 45 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension seems a bit to rough for me. It makes a long distance trip a little uncomfortable. The headlights are not available mass retail and they cost quite a bit.

Storm Value
By David M Rogers

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I have +468,000 km on the odometer and the car is as lively as new - thanks maybe for a helping hand from Duralube The auto-gearbox new lasted 180,000 miles but I never changed the oil once during that time ! There are a very few spots of rust but the car looks great. Tips: (1) Alternator needs servicing - make sure you take it to a place which specializes in them and that they give it a 'complete' service. (2) Many parts on a Geo Storm are exactly the same as Toyota fuel pump and rear wheel hub bearing assembly. (3) Automatic gearbox goes - get your honest mechanic to replace entire engine with gearbox for $800.

Favorite Features

Reliability Economy Lotus Steering Handling Shape

Suggested Improvements

More space for passengers

Good car for a Geo
By Neo Geo

1993 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

Good reliable car, but rust can be a problem. Have had it for five years now, and no major repairs done. However, I've had it painted three times and rust still comes through. First I thought it was just bad painting, but I've seen other cars with rust in the same spots, so it could just be bad factory design. It's got good power for a 1.8L car and the suspension is excellent, very tight and responsive. There's not alot of room in the car but seats two people very comfortably.

Favorite Features

Tight suspension, excellent handling

Suggested Improvements

More room, better rust protection