Used 1993 Geo Storm Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:

93 Geo Storm
By pictureperf9

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car, mine is a 5 speed manual trans. It does better than the stated mileage. I average 33 mpg. Mix of of city and Hiway. It is fun to drive

It handles well, and looks good!

Heater cores, most of the older ones incur a heater core problem as they age.

Fun little car
By brenda

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I had been in them several times but never owned 1 till recently. I love it, it's fun to drive and it gets a lot of looks. I live in very small community all of its own. I recently met and became friends with a guy that has a green gsi. I have a pink/purple standard. We have become the comedy act several times over the past few weeks. We park the cars beside each other and then discuss what parts we want off each others cars and how we are going to distract the other to gain access to their car. I love my GEO STORM!!

My favorite features besides the sporty look it the bucket seats and the color.

Geo Storm
By Courtney

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I have had the worst luck with this car. When I first bought it, it had no radio, and it did not have the climate controls, someone pulled them out. The first day I got it, it was in the shop for a spark plug being stuck in the motor. Then the exhast system had to be replaced. I was driving it one day and it died, the head block and the distibutor went on it about 4 times. Then I had no brakes or shocks those were fixed, and then my manifold went. Overall I have put in well over 1,600 dollars into that car, it was a bad investment.

It's fun to drive, I get looks a lot since they are a rare find. I like the hatchback trunk.

Easier to get parts first of all, a little bit bigger engine, more room in the car.

Great Little Car
By Robieo

1993 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Geo Storm GSI in 1994 with 11,000 miles on it and have only had to take it to the dealer once to have the timing belt replaced. I added a cat- back exhaust system and a intake cooler (K&N) and it totaly rocks. Highly recomend it for it's reliability and responsive drive. I put about 10000 mi yearly on it. 27- 32mpg.

Handling. Interior. Reliability, ease to work on.

Could be a little bigger inside. Hard to get parts.

Braves the Storm
By Storm Watcher

1993 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I am the second owner of my car and it
now has over 200K miles on it. All I
have done is replace tires and oil and
spark plugs. The clutch went out once.
That was the biggest maintenance bill
for the car. It runs great to this day
and I plan on putting another 200K on it
before I retire the vehicle. It runs as
good as the day I bought it. It has
been the most cost effective purchase I
have ever made.

This car has great handling and decent take-off considering the size of engine. I keep track of mileage and always get between 38 and 45 mpg.

The suspension seems a bit to rough for me. It makes a long distance trip a little uncomfortable. The headlights are not available mass retail and they cost quite a bit.