1992 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:
It served its time...
By stuckw/it on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

This car was inherited from family when I got my license. I didnt want it at all. But I have a long commute every day and its really good on gas. Revs high on the highway. Overall it has good build quality, and I can fit my wakeboard in the hatchback. Gets pretty cramped with three friends in the car. No need to lock the car (I hate these manual locks) because nobody in their right mind would steel it! ps. If ur lookin to buy 1, contact me.lol.

100K Still Going
By Milford Bill on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

Enjoyed the Storm for almost 10 years. Maintained it well, and it has responded with little to no trouble. Fun to drive and is quite roomy with the use of the hatchback. Back seat is more for show, but plenty of room and comfort in the front.

Steller Car!
By Lakeshow on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

Geo Storms are great, underrated cars. The '92-'93 Storms have nearly identical engines to Acura Integra GS models up to 2001, as they have the same horsepower. The handling is better in the Storm, and the acceleration is impressive. More horsepower than a BMW 318ti from the mid 90's. Highly reliable car; worst enemy is a bad mechanic. Driven this car ~60,000 miles in 21 months, and only had to replace the ECU for $150 (dealer), front brake pads, and the main charging wire to the alternator (due more to my overpowered stereo). Total cost: $200 in maintenance. Spoke to first owners of the car, who changed only oil and spark plugs.

Fun yet practical little car
By zvberkov on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for over a year, and had no troubles other than the alternator breaking once. Just make sure to do the maintenance regularly and you should get many happy miles out of it. I drive it daily in the city and have taken it on long trips. The AC blows as cold as new(I had it professionally serviced with stop leak compounds), and there is plenty of power even on the highway. The car is quite small, and most adults would have trouble with the rear headroom, but the front has more than adequate space. The size is deceiving, it's small on the outside but big on the inside. When I moved to a new apartment, I didn't need to hire a van!

Spartan, but reliable
By Michael Vuister on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

Bit spartan, but reliable, hatchback allows for carrying oversize items. 1.6L engine perky enough to get around nicely. I bought this car because of it's excellent used condition; not so much because I wanted a Storm, but I have never been sorry. Minus point is that the back seats are not useful, except for little children. I get 35.5 miles/gallon on 87 octane gas.

Fun to Drive Sporty Coupe
By GeoLover on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

Bought my Storm used in `94 with 4500 miles. Great runner, and really fun to drive. Now with 125,000 miles, I cringe at the thought of having to replace it someday. Many fond memories from college on...