1992 Geo Storm Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:
92 Geo Storm GSI 1.8 4 speed automatic
By puppydog4 on 03/19/12 09:31 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback GSi 2dr Hatchback

Just bought this car. only problem is cannot find an egr valve for it. Other wise it runs real good and is fun to drive. If any one knows of someone who has this valvee contact me. Had a 93 geo storm 1.2 liter sold it and regreated it as it was a real screamer. This 92 is a screamer also but automatic. Will consider selling it if you are intersted. Or maby some one in Europe may have this part.

Great after all these years
By KV on 11/21/08 07:24 AM (PST)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

Bought car 1992, Liked the size of the car. But kids never like the back seat due to the fact not enough room. Not family car

The Best I Ever Had
By Downhill on 07/14/08 14:35 PM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

When I bought my little "monster" Storm it had a whopping 124,000 miles on it everyone I knew said get a good car. I loved it now it has 210,000 miles and the water pump has gone out in it, if this is not a good car then bring one on! I have no complaints about the car of course except the standard back seat complaint. Everyone I know will tell you I drive my little monster like there is no tomorrow and pedal to the metal, I figure if I can take it so can he (the car). I live in the SF bay area I have driven it to WA State 3 times & Reno 4 or 5 times. This car is the best I have ever owned and the best any of my friends have ever seen. I wish they still made them.

Amazing Vehicle
By Greatcar69 on 06/27/06 09:13 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1992 Geo Storm in October of 2005 with only 92,000 miles! I could not be happier with my little Geo. I've had no mechanical problems with my Storm at all and just parted with it at 120,000 miles and it still ran like a beauty. I recommend it to anyone looking for a first car. It will not let you down. The gas mileage is also unbelievable. I used to get about 32 mpg!!!

Best First car One Could Ask For!
By Brian on 11/02/05 20:38 PM (PST)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I just bought this car about a couple months ago for my first car and I couldn't have asked for a better vehicle! My 1992 Geo Storm might be 13 years old and have 92,000 miles on it but it runs like new and can really fly! The car is great on gas, and hasn't given me any problems yet! Bring back the Geo Storm!!! I want a 2006! lol

Still Going......
By EP on 10/21/05 09:17 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I hate to admit it but I love this little "bubbleback" car. 2nd one I've owned in 15 years. This little thing can zip around with the best of them. Saw 125mph one time. Looks as good now as it did back in 92 and we all knew economy cars would make a come back eventually. Good mechanically. Timing belt bit the dust at 158,000. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE BELT AND WATER PUMP!! I can honestly tell you it is more of a pain than its worth. All that aside it's a great car.

Dependable car for a budget!
By disturbedchic on 04/05/05 01:16 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

Got this car as a hand me down to get through college on and it ended up being the best thing I got. Ran it from 97,000 to 120,000+ with minimal issues before I sold it in favor of a new Cavalier which ended up the worst choice of my life. Was fun to drive with the stick and sipped gas. Space on the car bites but when you need something to get you from A to B that doesn't look like you pulled it outta a junk yard this fun little car with lots of character is a great pick. In a near accident I cracked a pipe on the exhaust so mine ended up noisy and fun like a cheap sports car!

Super car
By ncctex on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car at an auction for 150.00 in May of 2003 with 147,000 on it. We now have 167,000 and still going. This is a great little car and very inexpensive to maintain and easy to work on. Total investment in this car after 20,000 is 200.00 in struts. Great mileage at 31 p/g with new plugs only!

If only they still made them!
By JoshStorm92 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Storm in May '03 with 60K on it. I wasn't looking for a Storm at all, I bought the Storm mainly because it was in such excellent condition, I'm glad I bought it. The only thing I have had to do to the car is wash it, wax it, put gas in it, and change the oil. The car has alot of road noise at high speed, nothing some more sound deadening wouldn't fix. Great on gas, handling is nimble. Makes driving from point A to B something to look foward to.

great car!
By pacificnw on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback GSi 2dr Hatchback

We bought this car from the original owner 5 years ago with 50,000 miles on it. We have done regular oil changes, replaced front brake pads, and had the belt replaced. It now has 103,000 on it and runs like new. Very quick little car. Extremely reliable. Gets 35 mpg. What more can I say? The back seat is only useful for small children. Also, alot of road noise (forget about having a conversation with anyone in the rear seat!). Otherwise, it has been an excellent car!