Used 1992 Geo Storm Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:

92 Geo Storm GSI 1.8 4 speed automatic
By puppydog4

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback GSi 2dr Hatchback

Just bought this car. only problem is cannot find an egr valve for it. Other wise it runs real good and is fun to drive. If any one knows of someone who has this valvee contact me. Had a 93 geo storm 1.2 liter sold it and regreated it as it was a real screamer. This 92 is a screamer also but automatic. Will consider selling it if you are intersted. Or maby some one in Europe may have this part.

Great after all these years
By KV

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

Bought car 1992, Liked the size of the car. But kids never like the back seat due to the fact not enough room. Not family car

Favorite Features

Car, overall, great if still running, good on gas, real good. Still loving it after all these years.

The Best I Ever Had
By Downhill

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

When I bought my little "monster" Storm it had a whopping 124,000 miles on it everyone I knew said get a good car. I loved it now it has 210,000 miles and the water pump has gone out in it, if this is not a good car then bring one on! I have no complaints about the car of course except the standard back seat complaint. Everyone I know will tell you I drive my little monster like there is no tomorrow and pedal to the metal, I figure if I can take it so can he (the car). I live in the SF bay area I have driven it to WA State 3 times & Reno 4 or 5 times. This car is the best I have ever owned and the best any of my friends have ever seen. I wish they still made them.

Favorite Features

It handles like any cars twice the price and gets the fuel economy of cars with half the power lots of fun with all of the reliability of a Volvo, or Cadillac.

Suggested Improvements

Make the water pump a little easier to access, definitely improve the back seat space but this is all redundant because unfortunately they don't make these little wonders any more very sad.

Amazing Vehicle
By Greatcar69

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1992 Geo Storm in October of 2005 with only 92,000 miles! I could not be happier with my little Geo. I've had no mechanical problems with my Storm at all and just parted with it at 120,000 miles and it still ran like a beauty. I recommend it to anyone looking for a first car. It will not let you down. The gas mileage is also unbelievable. I used to get about 32 mpg!!!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, love the fold down seats in the back, ladies love it, RELIABLE!!!

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate back seats all together (no room!), bigger trunk room, too low to the ground, sound system blows

Best First car One Could Ask For!
By Brian

1992 Geo Storm Hatchback 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I just bought this car about a couple months ago for my first car and I couldn't have asked for a better vehicle! My 1992 Geo Storm might be 13 years old and have 92,000 miles on it but it runs like new and can really fly! The car is great on gas, and hasn't given me any problems yet! Bring back the Geo Storm!!! I want a 2006! lol

Favorite Features

Speedy travels! Amazing gas mleage! Roomy cockpit!

Suggested Improvements

No back seat room! Terrible wiper system! Need cup holders!