Used 1991 Geo Storm GSi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:

Most Helpful|
Raving for the tricked out Storm!
By Thorn...

1991 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

This is the most unbelievable car in the world. I'm looking ahead to buying another one when mine finally dies. Great handling. Terrific accelleration. WAY higher top speed than the factory specs! And it's SO cheap.

Favorite Features

Console controls and cockpit structure. Fuel economizer switch that works like warp speed when you turn it off. Six cylinders and four gears with individual settings on the shifter. Two extra button spaces...um, I mean change thingies...

Suggested Improvements

Anti-lock brakes for the love of G-D! Lower compression ratio to make turbo upgrades easier. Body kit availability is non-existant. Dual exhaust would be cool. I'd buy a new edition if it was still sexy and black like the old ones in a heartbeat!

FAST CAR!!
By buckaroo

1991 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

Fast good runner!! Has a rod knocking but that gives for even more performance!@#

Favorite Features

knocking rod

Suggested Improvements

get new rod bearings and rods

I finally got one.
By unkelben

1991 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

In 1995 I saw one in the street and wanted to buy one, but they discontinued making them. Bummer. But recently my friend had one and she knew I was obsessed about getting one in 1995 asked if I wanted her and I was in high heaven. Me and my 16 year old son had fun fixing and cleaning it up. It's awesome, its sporty, it's fuel efficient, handling is great, it's fun to drive only wish she had a manual transmission, but hey it was free and I really liked the cars first appearance. Wish geo would remake this model.

Favorite Features

The Sporty Look, Fun to drive. Now that they discontinued the car so many years ago, people see the car and ask what is it. (I took the front Chevy Logo off as well as the GEO Logo off the back) all people see it "STORM GSI" but she is a head turner especially with the nice wax job we did on it.

Suggested Improvements

Little more leg room for the driver.