Used 1991 Geo Storm Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:

I bought it for $300 & spent $2k to fix
By cjstone48

1991 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car for $300 and they guy said "All it needs is a clutch" "Yeah right." I just finished repairing almost everything on this car. I love to drive it. I still have a few things to fix on it but, I'm happy it's a reliable car now and I drive it everyday. The car is nimble, responsive and easy to get in and out of traffic. It's great for two people but the back seats has very little room. The inside is comfortable and I love the lines on the car except the gray and pink strip that runs the length of the car 90's colors. My friends say I have a vintage 90's car which is as old as my oldest daughter. My cars name is Stormy & she is black exterior with a gray/pink strip. Great KR & FUN

My favorite features is how well the car responds and acceleration. The fact that the car is 19 years old and the paint still shines very well.

Cup holders. I guess they could not make any room for cup holders.

I finally got one.
By unkelben

1991 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

In 1995 I saw one in the street and wanted to buy one, but they discontinued making them. Bummer. But recently my friend had one and she knew I was obsessed about getting one in 1995 asked if I wanted her and I was in high heaven. Me and my 16 year old son had fun fixing and cleaning it up. It's awesome, its sporty, it's fuel efficient, handling is great, it's fun to drive only wish she had a manual transmission, but hey it was free and I really liked the cars first appearance. Wish geo would remake this model.

The Sporty Look, Fun to drive. Now that they discontinued the car so many years ago, people see the car and ask what is it. (I took the front Chevy Logo off as well as the GEO Logo off the back) all people see it "STORM GSI" but she is a head turner especially with the nice wax job we did on it.

Little more leg room for the driver.

Awesome little car
By Stephen

1991 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

This little car has been awesome. Other than modifications I've done, the only thing I've had to do to it are routine maintenance like oil and brakes. The only thing it needs now are struts, and with 206,000 miles on the originals, I think they've server their life. Handles great and is very peppy. I love the design of the body, and the mileage is awesome for a car as fast as it is.

I like the locations of the wiper and headlight controls. I can turn them both on without taking my hands off the wheel. The 30mpg city/42mpg highway is nice, too.

Tilt wheel, more headroom, and a sixth gear. That's about it.

FAST CAR!!
By buckaroo

1991 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

Fast good runner!! Has a rod knocking but that gives for even more performance!@#

knocking rod

get new rod bearings and rods

208,000miles until someone totaled
By jenni6

1991 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

Hi there--I bought Storm brand new,and kept oil changes regular. I drive a lot,I had 208,000 mileson it until yesterday, when a tractor trailer hit me. It still hasn't died, I droveit home. It has been more reliable than anyone else I know who owns a car.

Reliablility