1991 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:
I bought it for $300 & spent $2k to fix
By cjstone48 on 06/08/10 21:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car for $300 and they guy said "All it needs is a clutch" "Yeah right." I just finished repairing almost everything on this car. I love to drive it. I still have a few things to fix on it but, I'm happy it's a reliable car now and I drive it everyday. The car is nimble, responsive and easy to get in and out of traffic. It's great for two people but the back seats has very little room. The inside is comfortable and I love the lines on the car except the gray and pink strip that runs the length of the car 90's colors. My friends say I have a vintage 90's car which is as old as my oldest daughter. My cars name is Stormy & she is black exterior with a gray/pink strip. Great KR & FUN

I finally got one.
By unkelben on 05/31/10 07:51 AM (PDT)

1991 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

In 1995 I saw one in the street and wanted to buy one, but they discontinued making them. Bummer. But recently my friend had one and she knew I was obsessed about getting one in 1995 asked if I wanted her and I was in high heaven. Me and my 16 year old son had fun fixing and cleaning it up. It's awesome, its sporty, it's fuel efficient, handling is great, it's fun to drive only wish she had a manual transmission, but hey it was free and I really liked the cars first appearance. Wish geo would remake this model.

Awesome little car
By Stephen on 06/11/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

1991 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

This little car has been awesome. Other than modifications I've done, the only thing I've had to do to it are routine maintenance like oil and brakes. The only thing it needs now are struts, and with 206,000 miles on the originals, I think they've server their life. Handles great and is very peppy. I love the design of the body, and the mileage is awesome for a car as fast as it is.

FAST CAR!!
By buckaroo on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

Fast good runner!! Has a rod knocking but that gives for even more performance!@#

208,000miles until someone totaled
By jenni6 on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

Hi there--I bought Storm brand new,and kept oil changes regular. I drive a lot,I had 208,000 mileson it until yesterday, when a tractor trailer hit me. It still hasn't died, I droveit home. It has been more reliable than anyone else I know who owns a car.

Excelent
By Stormin' on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

This car is a beast. Owned since 91 and have had 3 people learn to drive stick on this baby. few accidents, nothing major, havn't had to replace any parts. original tranny. fun to drive. Quicker than some people seem to think. great car and unbelievably cheap, GO BUY ONE!

Good runner if you dont mind the rust!!!
By fee on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

This little car is a mixed bag. Worked well mechanically and was quite reliable. Unfortunately it is prone to rusting..BIg Time.. A flaw that seems to be in all Geo's once they're a few years old.. so take note!..I wish someone had told me.

great little car
By snuggle2 on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for about 6 years and have nothing but good things to say. It has 185K and recently due to a new job which require me to drive all the time I;ve reaaly started to rack the miles and she is holding strong. No major problems to date. The only complaint would come from my daughter who is almost 5"9 and on occassion has had to sit in the back where there is no leg room. But wouls strongly recommend for the price and the milage.

What a trooper!
By katja on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Geo Storm 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for 11 years! I love this car! It is economical, stable and very nimble for the time period/design. The odometer just crested: 174,565. I have the original clutch in this car! The interior has a great driver friendly design. This car is very peppy for the amount of hp. It handles nicely on turns, no pitch or yaw present.

1991 geo storm
By don.elias on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

no complaints about this car. just crested 270K miles on the original engine last month. great to drive, especially if you like the curves. tight turning circle. engine revs high with no strain. most responsive front end i've ever driven. lots of road-feel. the trade-off of course is that the ride can seem a little rough at times, but if you like road-feel, it's a great car, esp. considering the price. i have no regrets.