1990 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Storm model:
A great commuter
By sneakerfreak93 on 04/28/10 11:58 AM (PDT)

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I aquired this car in December of 2008. I did not have too many opportunities to drive the vehical because I did not have a license but the times I did, I loved it. The paint was faded and dash was cracked but this was expected considering the age of the car. The only thing replaced was the clutch which was difficult but worthwhile. The 1.6l was plenty peppy with the 5 speed manual and the gas milage was bliss! For a daily commuter or even a budget autocross vehical, i would definantly reccomend it. Handling was good especially considering it was the base model and the interior room was surprisingly good for a hatch. I sold the car in September of 2009 for $1000 (a very fair, even low price.)

90 geo storm gsi
By Nitro on 03/29/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

1990 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for two hundred dollars from a bud since he was going to junk it becuse his radiator went out and this car looks brand new so i bought it before he could junk it. I've only got like 345 dollars in this thing and i got people asking to but it anywhere from $300-$1200. i wouldn't sell it i absolutely love driving this car. I'm bout to repaint it blue chrome! but if you could find one to fix up and drive or to sell i would go for it in a minute. this car is amazing and worth every penny..

Best car I ever owned
By Richard on 05/02/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in New Jersey when I sold my 1978 Mercedes for 5 times what I paid for it in California. I couldn't say no! Then I needed a car to drive back to California because I needed to pick up my dog in Texas. I had a 560 SEC Mercedes in storage and was going to give the Geo to my son. After driving it to California I loved the car! I have been driving it since I bought it. Put almost 100 thousand miles in about 5 years and only put brakes and tires on it!

Good first car
By lor on 11/28/05 13:35 PM (PST)

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

Car has had many miles put on it yet o mechanical problems. Only problem that i have had was its exhaust pipe from the header detached. 50 dollars to repair. I rarely maintained it and it still ran no problem. I crashed it just the other day because a bus side-swiped me. Lost control and then ended up in a poll head on doing roupghly 35-40 mph. Airbag went off and i was fine. Walked away with no problems. Car held up really well. Its a shame cause its resale value is so poor that insurance will only give me the blue book value which is so low that its less than the price of the same model geo that people are selling it for.

This has been a good car.
By TygarKat on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in December of 1993 and it has been a good little car. It is fun to drive. I have had only your typical minor repairs. It has been very reliable. The only complaints that I have is that it is too small to hold more than 1 passenger and the paint on the car fades.

Good Car for the money
By tonym on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

My grandmother gave me my Storm. She bought it brand new in 1990. She loved it. It never gave them any serious trouble, got good gas mileage, and had cheap insurance. The only reason she gave it to me is because she is handicapped and cannot get out of the house by herself. She needeed a bigger vehicle. Anyways, I think that the Storm is a good first car for a teenager. It has good styling, especially considering its age, it has good fuel economy and cheap insurance. And an airbag, which many cars this old don't have. It could use another speed in the base models auto, but other than that no big design prob. Overall, a good , reliable car for not much money.

Twelve trouble free years
By deskjocky on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought the Geo Storm new in July 1990 and with 177k miles it runs as smooth and quiet as it ever did. The sun has taken it's toll on the interior plastic but the mechanicals remain sound. With the exception of a couple of routine timing belts,an exaust manifold, and a clutch cable, it just doesnt need shop time! It handles well, the mileage is still great and it is still snappy around town.