Used 1990 Geo Storm Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Geo Storm - Consumer Reviews

1990 Geo Storm

View reviews for a specific Storm model:

A great commuter
By sneakerfreak93

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I aquired this car in December of 2008. I did not have too many opportunities to drive the vehical because I did not have a license but the times I did, I loved it. The paint was faded and dash was cracked but this was expected considering the age of the car. The only thing replaced was the clutch which was difficult but worthwhile. The 1.6l was plenty peppy with the 5 speed manual and the gas milage was bliss! For a daily commuter or even a budget autocross vehical, i would definantly reccomend it. Handling was good especially considering it was the base model and the interior room was surprisingly good for a hatch. I sold the car in September of 2009 for $1000 (a very fair, even low price.)

Amazing Gas Mileage, Great Handling, Decent Power for a 1.6l inline 4 cylinder, Extremely Reliable, Great Used Prices, Relatively Roomy Interior, Most repairs can be done by owner, Professional repairs are relative cheap, Tires are very cheap!

Rust was sporatic, Lack of aftermarket parts available, Interior parts are cheaply made, HORENDOUS SHIFT BOOT

90 geo storm gsi
By Nitro

1990 Geo Storm GSi 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for two hundred dollars from a bud since he was going to junk it becuse his radiator went out and this car looks brand new so i bought it before he could junk it. I've only got like 345 dollars in this thing and i got people asking to but it anywhere from $300-$1200. i wouldn't sell it i absolutely love driving this car. I'm bout to repaint it blue chrome! but if you could find one to fix up and drive or to sell i would go for it in a minute. this car is amazing and worth every penny..

GOODS:Shifting, smooth as hell in 5th gear and many more.

needs cruise control and they could've made the gsi with a sunroof but no biggy

Best car I ever owned
By Richard

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in New Jersey when I sold my 1978 Mercedes for 5 times what I paid for it in California. I couldn't say no! Then I needed a car to drive back to California because I needed to pick up my dog in Texas. I had a 560 SEC Mercedes in storage and was going to give the Geo to my son. After driving it to California I loved the car! I have been driving it since I bought it. Put almost 100 thousand miles in about 5 years and only put brakes and tires on it!

Fun to drive. Love all the gas stations I pass:-)) I drive at 60 miles per hour and get a good 39.8 miles to the gallon on the freeway. I average 35 miles to the gallon about 33 around town. I drive it very gently and am good at not zooming to red lights and slamming on the brakes which cost you!

This car was well made and thought out. I love everything about it! I have almost 200k and it is still running strong!

Good first car
By lor

1990 Geo Storm 2+2 2dr Hatchback

Car has had many miles put on it yet o mechanical problems. Only problem that i have had was its exhaust pipe from the header detached. 50 dollars to repair. I rarely maintained it and it still ran no problem. I crashed it just the other day because a bus side-swiped me. Lost control and then ended up in a poll head on doing roupghly 35-40 mph. Airbag went off and i was fine. Walked away with no problems. Car held up really well. Its a shame cause its resale value is so poor that insurance will only give me the blue book value which is so low that its less than the price of the same model geo that people are selling it for.

Reliability, fuel economy, affordable.

interior and exterior look, comfort, intermittent windshield wiper.

This has been a good car.
By TygarKat

I bought this car in December of 1993
and it has been a good little car. It
is fun to drive. I have had only your
typical minor repairs. It has been
very reliable. The only complaints
that I have is that it is too small to
hold more than 1 passenger and the
paint on the car fades.

It feels sporty and is very fun to drive.

It needs more passenger room and a better paint job to keep from fading.