Used 1996 Geo Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Geo Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

i <3 MAI GEO PRIZM SO MUCH
By pole16

1996 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

It was a sunny day in 1997 when I first laid eyes on on the beauty i would come to know as VERONIKA. I spent my formative years growing up with this car, i remember endless summers riding with my family out to california to explore modern america! As I approached the age of 16 when this car was still the "nice one" I was humbled and delighted to recieve this vehicle. Me and VERONIKA have spent some of my best years together, but she was dependible through the worst. Now, as I approach the end of my life, VERONIKA approaches her end also. She has a hefty 423,761 load on her, and while she still goes to town, her age is showing. I will allways remember VERONIKA as my truested escort, forever.

I love the Interior Design of this mobile palace. The beautiful speckled seats showcase American Craftsmanship, while highlighting the deep rich green that embodies VERONIKA. I love smoothing running engine, and the comforing hum that lets me know everything is going to be all right, allways and forever. The radio is STUDIO-QUALIY. I have personally recorded 3 indie-pop new techno records in the trunk of the vehicle. The tape player is also TOP-NOTCH. The heating keeps me chill whenever I need it to, and the AC keeps things steamy.

I still do know how to open the windows, or why their are air lock valves on the doors.

Do not get rid of this car
By dawn

1996 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

My husband and I bought our Lsi from his uncle used. We have 211K on it and it's still going strong. Best little car we have ever owned beside our 1982 chevy chevette manual. Our 10 year old daughter and 100 lb. golden retriever sleep comfortably in the back and my husband hauls his fishing and hunting toys with ease(the dog goes in front of course) we've taken this car on many winter trips and to Canada with no problems. We change oil every 3K new tires when needed and never have had a problem starting it even in 45- winter winds. If you have this car hang onto to it for life and give it the little tlc it needs. We purchased a Pontiac Vibe. The Geo will now be a school car. We'll missed it!

fun car, reliable, starts in cold weather, roomy, comfortable.

Keep making them! Come back to us.

248k miles 14 years and now will say bye
By lars

1996 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 96 prizm on my birthday in 1996 for $10,400 after discount and gm credit card points brand new from a dealer. Sticker was $15+k. The car now has 249k miles on it. needs clutch, tires, A/C no longer works, and new struts so I am getting ready to say goodbye. Fun to drive, 39 mpg (I laugh at people who spend all that money on a prius to save gas). Car has original engine clutch exhaust. AMAZING RUN with her and I will miss her.

economy reliability but still fun to drive and looks good at 249K miles very few repairs in 14 years and almost a quarter million miles

Great car
By gsmith03

1996 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

This car has been extremely reliable for me for five years. It hasn't nickel and dimed me, nor has it given me any major problems. Unfortunately, I was in a tight financial spot and had to hold off on an oil change, and also happened to have an oil leak and threw a rod bearing. It needs a new engine, but that is mostly my fault and not a problem with the car. Overall, a very reliable car.

great gas mileage, reliability, runs well

I had some minor alignment issues with it periodically, and it would sometimes have some minor difficulties at higher speeds or on hills (being a V4). Nothing major though.

Great Car!!!!!!
By Britt

1996 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

Love this car. Im 18 years old and drive it like crazy since I got the car in August ive put 7,000 miles on it and all I've had to do is put in oil. Also a friend and I were messing around and and I backed up into the side of is 1995 Pontiac and my car won. Love the strength want to have this car for a long time.

Color(mine is green), Fuel economy (drive everywhere and only have to fill it once a week), cupholders, plenty of room in the back seat, big trunk

The stock system is horrible, automatic windows and locks, they need to make them again