1995 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Personal Problems
By Questionable on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Replaced the starter once, but I am also now on my second alternator. I sure hope this is not an ongoing issue but only a problem with the first replacement. I would really like to run this thing into the ground to squeeze every penny out of it. Its sort of ironic that the only parts that fail on this car are the American onces. Engine runs perfect, but the electrical system and the interior are falling apart.

Cheap and reliable, I love it
By vl9999999 on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I thought this car was great. It was priced approximately $2,000 less than comparable sedans (e.g. carolla, civic). I had previously owned a carolla and civic and found this car to be comparable. No major mechanical problems, timing belt at about 75,000, alternater at 90,000, and the antilock brake sensor at 101,000. Other than that, the car has run great. The car is definately no-frills. However, I found it to be very reliable and economical (gas milage about 25-35 miles to the gallon). At 101,000 miles and still going.

Excellent Small Car
By Geo Dude on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Bought My Geo in late 1998 with 36,000 miles and have put on over 100,000 miles on top of that since. I drive my car hard so am no fussy about mechanical failures and have had only 1 major fix that is not routine. The clutch master and slave cylinders needed to be replaced around 90000 mi. I have only replace the brakes once and the shocks once. Have some minor problems with the 12V lighter hookup for my external CD player and some problems with knobs. Seats are starting to get uncomfortable. For the money I spent on this car I am very happy with it.

Great Value
By JRH on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought the 95 Geo Prizm in 1995 with 4K miles. I have only had to replace the altinator and breaks. I now have 106K miles.

Diamond in the Rough
By Bassman06 on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

General motors didn't know a good thing when they had it. The Prizm is an excellent value in the small car segment. I own a 1995 Prizm LSi with the 1.8 liter motor and a 5-speed manual transmission. The performance is more than adequate, and is almost surprising. The ride is very good, with no noticeable quivers in the chassis. With power windows, locks, and mirrors, this car has anything you can want. The build quality is second to few, and better than any other car built by GM. A great buy.

gas guzzlers go home
By aliceliddel on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

if you are looking for excellent mpg buy this car. its cheap to buy, fix and drive.

great car
By regina on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

After owning my GEO for 5 years, I now have 143,000 miles on it and am just replacing the starter motor now - that's the only major thing except for replacing the brakes at 130,000 miles! I hope that my next car will be as great as this one. I'm sorry to hear they are discontinuing it!

Gooooo Geo!
By merry 79 on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I make fun of myself for owning the un- prestigous Geo. However, this car has been worth every penny I paid for it four years ago. I highly recommend this vehicle if you are looking for an economical and reliable vehicle. If you're looking for luxury. . . keep looking.

A U.S. Toyota Corolla!
By Vic on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This vehicle doesn't look expensive, but is very ergonomically sound. It handles and feels great. It is reliable and very economical. Driving on wet roads makes me appreciate the balanced feel vs my pickup truck.

Me & My Prizm
By brooktroutchaser on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Prizm in '97 with just 14k miles. Paid $9400. It now has 76,800 miles. I've had to replace the alternator twice-- once under warranty. And the interior door handle cracked. Those are the only problems. It's pokey, but reliable as can be. It runs as well today as it did when I bought it.